Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - 3.5 E question: Voadkyn = Forest Giants?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    3.5 E question: Voadkyn = Forest Giants?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 am  
    3.5 E question: Voadkyn = Forest Giants?

Hi All,

This question may be a bit pedantic, but are the D&D 3.5 Forest Giants from the Monster Manual II the updated version of the Voadkyn?

Both are described as looking like large wood elves. The only differences/quibbles are their size and alignment.

Voadkyn were among the smallest giants (nine feet or so) and were Chaotic Good.

In 3.5, forest giants are now among the tallest giants (18 feet), with a decidedly neutral outlook.

That and having one of the “best” poisons in the game: Fortitude save DC 22). The initial and secondary damage is the same (unconsciousness for 4d4 rounds).

Thanks,
    Peter
    CF Admin

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:19 am  

Hi Peter,

I'm reading the Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Distant Worlds supplement presently, so I approach your question by thinking of the 3.5 D&D MMII wood giants as an alternative version to GH's 2e voadkyn.

As I recall, I disliked the idea of the voadkyn for GH, thinking instead that the 1e MMII firbolg needed no replacement or supplement and well filled the role of a less powerful giant that could be allied with wood olve, gruagach, the fae, etc.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: