JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - New Character Generator - INKARNATE
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Campaign Journals & General Online Play
    New Character Generator - INKARNATE
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:49 pm  
    New Character Generator - INKARNATE

I saw this project on Kickstarter and after reading all the info and watching the pitch video I am very excited to see the end product.

I also spoke to the Inkarnate guys at GenCon and they said they were probably going to switch from a subscription fee system to another system because of feedback from players who would like to see another revenue model.

Heres the overview:

InKarnate is a video-game-like interface for playing the world's most popular fantasy RPG. This fully-integrated web application frees GMs and players from tedious number-crunching and stat-tracking, so more time is spent weaving epic tales of saving the world and exploring dark, deadly dungeons. InKarnate also helps you visualize your adventures with character portraits, item portraits in an equip screen, custom made maps, and more. With InKarnate, our goal is to make it easier and more fun for you and your friends to sit around a table and role-play. Here are the key features we are currently building for our launch product:
    •CREATE AND RUN CHARACTERS--Roll characters in minutes. Pick a portrait, select skills, and equip your PC with illustrated items. Then run your character with the playable character sheet while the rules are calculated under the hood.
    •BUILD INTERACTIVE MAPS--Create world, wilderness, city, and dungeon maps. Then link them all together to quickly and easily navigate through your entire campaign.
    •LIVE EPIC CAMPAIGNS--Run your games in a shared, virtual space around a physical table or over the internet. Roll dice (or input physical rolls if you prefer), place character tokens, and more.

The $100,000 funding goal will allow us to deliver the features above with a target date of August, 2013. If we can raise additional money, estimated at $200,000, then we will also deliver:
    •WRITE GRAND ADVENTURES-Writing and organizing simple encounters or epic dungeon crawls has never been easier. You'll be able to bring in and edit encounters, monsters, treasure, and NPCs, write descriptive text, and link encounter keys digitally to your maps for easy navigation.
    •UPGRADED VIRTUAL GAMESPACE-- Put a party together and run your game virtually. Reward treasure, reveal maps slowly as they are explored, tie into the adventure editor to easily scan and run encounters, and much more.
    •ADDITIONAL RULE SETS AND CONTENT--This one is self-explanatory. The more funding we receive, the more cool features, new rule sets, and art we can add to make the app even better.

We already have the first of these components--the Character Creator--up and running and so we can share some specifics on its features:
    •InKarnate currently supports the 3.5 rule set of the original medieval fantasy role playing game. We hope to add other rule sets in the future.
    •As a web app, InKarnate will run on all major browsers and platforms: Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc., and will work on PCs, Macs, iPads, and Android Tablets. InKarnate has not yet been optimized for smartphones, although this is a feature we are currently working on.
    •The Character Creator allows you to roll up heroes from any of the core classes and races in a quick and intuitive manner. Choose a portrait and equip illustrated items as you prepare to slay dragons and dungeon delve.
    •With the flexible, Playable Character Sheet, keep track of every bit of information related to your character. Roll initiative, skill checks, damage, etc., while rules are calculated for you. Memorize and access spell information from your spellbook. Buy new items and goods and add them to your inventory.

I highly recommend investing in this Kickstarter.

Heres the site:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset?ref=email

Heres some screen shots:

Stat Rolling Screen

Chose Race Screen

Chose Class Screen

Chose Feats Screen

Chose Spells Screen

Chose Items Screen

Sample Character Sheet

Works on Several Different Platforms

Looks amazing!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:59 pm  

Hi cyderak,

Welcome to the boards! While I agree this looks great. Your post should have been posted in the back alley as it is not Greyhawk specific. I'm sure the admins will move it. Just remember in the future to choose the proper forum for your thread.

If you get the chance introduce yourself in the welcome to Greyhawk forum. If your a Greyhawk fan join in the Thursday night chats by clicking on the Greytalk link to your left.

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:22 pm  

While the product looks pretty good, I don't think I want to have to "log on" every time I needed to use it.

I'm currently playing a game that functions in that fashion and it's not really my favorite format.

But thanks for sharing this.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:07 pm  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    While the product looks pretty good, I don't think I want to have to "log on" every time I needed to use it.

I'm currently playing a game that functions in that fashion and it's not really my favorite format.

But thanks for sharing this.

No problem.......looks like its gonna be a nice little peice of software.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:18 pm  

The guys over at the InKarnate camp have posted an update Post-GenCon.

Here it is quoted from their Kickstarter site:

UPDATE: After feedback from Gencon we've decided PF(Pathfinder) RPG will be the next rule set we support.
    Also, we're going to offer up the Character Creator, Map Builder, Adventure Editor, and Campaign Tracker as components that are purchased for a one-time fee (each sold separately) instead of making it only accessible via subscription.

Smile
    GreySage

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:50 pm  

cyderak wrote:
    UPDATE: After feedback from Gencon we've decided PF(Pathfinder) RPG will be the next rule set we support.
    Also, we're going to offer up the Character Creator, Map Builder, Adventure Editor, and Campaign Tracker as components that are purchased for a one-time fee (each sold separately) instead of making it only accessible via subscription.

That sounds more interesting. Smile

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 pm  

Heres an update video showing the Map-Maker in action:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset/posts/299193

Happy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm  

The guys at Inkarnate posted another video showing the Character creator in action:

Heres a link to the video:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset/posts/301048

:D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:17 pm  

Check out this cool Dragon bust sculpture you get for donating to the $250 level on the INKARNATE kickstarter site.

That thing is wicked!

[/img]
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:31 pm  

10 more days to donate to this kickstarter.

Heres the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset

Lets push to get it funded guys.
    GreySage

Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:46 pm  

That's a very cool-looking bust. Wish I had an extra $250! Happy

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:47 pm  

Found an interview with the INKARNATE guys here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119735-How-One-App-Hopes-to-Take-Tabletop-Gaming-Digital

Fills in some of the informational gaps some gamers may have about the software.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:19 pm  

Hey guys,

4 days left for INKARNATE on their kickstarter.

One last push to get it funded guys!!!

Even if it doesn't get funded you got nothing to lose because all pledges aren't collected until a kickstarter project reaches its funding goal.

If it does reach its goal, INKARNATE becomes a reality.......its a win-win situation.

Heres the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1720821324/inkarnate-rpg-toolset?ref=email
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Campaign Journals & General Online Play All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: