ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Volunteers needed to collate LG Gazeteer
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Volunteers needed to collate LG Gazeteer
    Master Greytalker

Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:19 am  
    Volunteers needed to collate LG Gazeteer

Hello!

I'm looking for volunteers to help me collate information about the Living Greyhawk years from available sources for inclusion in an updated LG Gazeteer. Essentially I'm hoping to collate information on settlements, NPCs, meta-orgs, and a rough chronology for re-drafting in an expanded entry for each nation. The goal is to produce a reasonably detailed free-to-access Gazeteer to complement Anna's maps, possibly even a customisable search engine if I can find an IT bod with sufficient skill to set the search parameters (possibly including options like Oerth Journal entries and home campaigns etc)

I've already made a start but there is just too much work for one person so, depending on how many volunteers I get I was hoping to divide up the nations of the Flanaess for us all to get cracking.

Obviously, if you played in a region or, even better, if you were a Triad member, and can offer personal insight then it might be better to stick to the nation where your expertise lies. Foreign language skills may also be useful for some regions.

If anybody is interested in helping out just PM me and I'll try to explain my current methodology. Currently this is mostly about information gathering.

I look forward to hearing from you!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:28 am  

Paul, good luck! Quite frankly, I think it's too specialized and too large of a project without real dedication and/or funding. MAYBE in 2007 to 2008 it could have been organized, while LG writers were still eager to see their names on LG documents but not anymore.

I'm currently still working on my BK project, parts 2 (NPCs) and 3 (BK Gazeteer). I posted about part 1 to the old Triad Yahoo group to very little response. It's been 4 years since the end of the campaign; most of the old Triad types have moved on to other projects it seems.

In addition, I am turning part 1 into an ePUB book this fall. It's already a Kindle edition; I'm doing it as part of a class I'm taking for my M.A. in Publishing and Writing and because a few people have requested an ebook version that can be read on their iPad or Nook (plus, I'm going to add a bunch of illustrations and internal links, etc., to pretty it up). For the record, I've sold 101 hard copies and 37 kindle editions of part 1. Not a huge audience out there. And that's after it got reviewed on EN World too (didn't impact sales too much, but I'll discuss that in a blog post in the next week or so on Appazoogle.com).

Anyhow, good luck!
    Master Greytalker

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:45 am  

It's a voluntary project so resources are just people and time! If I can get enough people, I can produce something workable in a greatly reduced time!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: