JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Re-Release of D&D 3.5 Books
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion
    Re-Release of D&D 3.5 Books
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm  
    Re-Release of D&D 3.5 Books

Happy Greets Fellow Greytalkers, today I received in the mail from Amazon the re-released core books of 3.5 and I must say they are nice, same book, like first and second editions, who also had a second coming, aside from the 1st Ed Gygax Memorial core release.

I like the idea that new players or old can pick up a replacement or new 3.5 PHB. So, if WotC is willing and still able to do re-release the core books, maybe they might be encouraged/convinced to re-release a World of Greyhawk box set? Even if it was under the idea of being a Memorial item for EGG, it would be really nice to see it in print again. Maybe beef it up with maps of Greyhawk City itself?

Does anyone think if enough of us made enough noise on this that it could happen? It could be a great kicker for getting new "blood" Happy interested in the Greyhawk world/campaign, and keep it going for another generation or two? Lets face it, we Grognards are not getting any younger and getting more fussy with the old age... set in r ways Wink A re-release of Greyhawk would most likely draw in a good core group to "carry the torch" and add more to the world we all have grown with and appreciate... taking here and there ideas and developments from other fellow gamers to mold our own but still common Greyhawk.

Any thoughts lads Happy

If so, maybe we can get a FB page or something to get votes and word out to WotC to consider and hopefully act upon this...maybe they'll get some new art from Darlene to help showcase it? Worst they could say is no, right?

Cheers

AncientGamer Cool aka BusterBudd

</a>AncientGamer aka BusterBudd
    GreySage

Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm  

I'd be happy to get my hands on a new copy of the World of Greyhawk boxed set. Mine is old and falling apart from use. Smile

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm  

BusterBudd,

I like the new avatar. One never knows if another Greyhawk box set will see the light of day. However, one can always hope for a re-release of the box set.

Keep the hope alive! Wink

Later

Argon
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:54 pm  

My GH Boxed set is more two books, the maps (wherever they are??!) and some crushed cardboard that was once the box.

I'd buy a re-release.
    GreySage

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:59 am  

I guess I am included as one of the 'old timers.' I would definitely like to get a renewed copy of the original boxed set, as well as any 2e hardbacks. I have to keep casting "Mending" on them! Happy

-Lanthorn
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Published Material Reviews & Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: