Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Let's make a dungeon adventure......
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Let's make a dungeon adventure......
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm  
    Let's make a dungeon adventure......

Let us try a little experiment. Let's make a dungeon with-out a map.
    Guidelines:
    -Room 1 leads to Room 2, Room 2 leads to Room3 and so on.
    -Each person is allowed to create two rooms but they cannot be back to back (i.e. Room 5 then Room 6)
    -The level of the adventure is 3-6.
    -No edtion. If their are 5 Bugbears in a room, just give their hitpoints.
    -Give a brief description of the room, monsters, treasure and traps if any.
    -Box text or no box text is up to you.
    -Healing items should be named "healing potion" not potion of extra-healing or potion of cure light wounds
    -The theme.... I guess we will figure it out as we go Laughing Laughing
    I'm sure their will be more questions about the guidelines, but lets just have some fun with this and see where it goes!!

Ok then, guess I will start this thing off then.

Room 1: The players will travel down a set of stairs for more than 100 yards that ends at a dimly lit chamber with a domed ceiling. The room measures around 50' long and 30' wide. Rocky debris cover the floor. At the end of the chamber are two lit torches flanking a hallway that leads off deeper into the dungeon.

Hidden under the rubble is a Hill Giant Skeleton (HP 32). The giant is wielding a huge wooden club. It will attack the first player who passes halfway through the room. It will fight until destoryed. If the players search the rubble they will find the remains of a dwarf. The body has the following items: a pouch with 367 cp and 78 gp, a normal but well crafted heavy pick, a suit of damaged platemail, and a dagger with a ruby pommel worth 250gp.
    GreySage

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:30 pm  

Room 2
    "The two Everburning Torches flanking the archway refuse to come loose from their sconces. They illuminate the beginning of a long, dark hallway ten feet wide by 20 feet tall with arches supporting its ceiling every ten feet. As you travel its length, your own light source shows faded frescoes of soldiers standing shoulder to shoulder in a shield wall, their pikes held aloft in a salute. These ancient paintings give way to bas reliefs of more of the same soldiers, though many of them show signs of vandalism as pieces have been broken off here and there.

"Just as you think you can discern the outline of a shorter exit arch at the extreme limit of your illumination, two spectral figures advance a step through it and, leveling ancient pole arms at you, speak in a gravelly duet.

"'The living are forbidden herein!' With that challenge, they advance in lock step, their apparent intent to impale you on the sharpened tips of their pikes."

Two Sword Wraiths (HP 30 each). Though they appear incorporeal, they are not. They wear ancient scalemail armor, wield long spears, and each carries a pair of short swords on its hips. If the party defeats these guardians, they will find that the exit is a double archway divided by a short ten foot hallway. Within, one to each side, is a pedastal with an urn. Inside each urn may be found the ashes of defeated enemies and a gem of 500 value.

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:31 am  
    Re: Let's make a dungeon adventure......

baronzemo wrote:

-No edtion. If their are 5 Bugbears in a room, just give their hitpoints...

(actually, the number of hit points depends on ther edition. AD&D1 and AD&D 2 have standard HD 3+1 Bugbears. D&D 3.5 has HD 3 Bugbears, plus the CON bonus; everything in D&D 3.5 has slightly more hps. Whenever I convert the older stuff, everything ends up with more hps... maybe just leave it at their number, or perhaps throw in "higher than average" or "less than average" Confused )
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:24 am  
    Room to the Abyss

I like this idea though it looks like it might lend to a linear dungeon without a map..and maybe that's okay. It makes me wonder what happened with an old thread where people were submitting their ideas for each of the 666 levels of the Abyss. Did that get completed? That would be nice to be able to reference.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:02 am  

SirXaris, I have a room to post, but I want to make sure I understand the end of your description: I can't quite picture the double archway divided by a 10-foot hallway. Does that mean a hallway with an arch at each end, going deeper into the dungeon, or two separate arches ten feet apart? Something else I'm too dense to see?
    GreySage

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm  

Chevalier wrote:
    SirXaris, I have a room to post, but I want to make sure I understand the end of your description: I can't quite picture the double archway divided by a 10-foot hallway. Does that mean a hallway with an arch at each end, going deeper into the dungeon, or two separate arches ten feet apart? Something else I'm too dense to see?

I intended for the end of the 20-foot high arched hallway to end in a short, 10 by 10 by 10 foot high hallway wherein the urns stand upon pedastals. Beyond the archway exiting that small hallway/room, the dungeon continues in whatever manner you like. Smile

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:23 am  

Room 3
    The archway leads to a 20x20 vaulted chamber, with stout wooden doors (both locked) to the left and right. A single torch burns low on the wall by the left-hand door. The floor is blackened as if by fire. On the far wall is an arch that has been bricked up; dwarves and masons in the party will judge the work to be about a year old. The sound of scratching can be heard on the far side. Distant voices can be heard beyond the right-hand door, and an unpleasant stench lingers about it. Beyond the left-hand door is only silence.

The door to the right opens to a narrow hallway (5' wide); there is a 20' deep pit trap (extending 10 feet into the hallway) just beyond the door, with a ghoul at the bottom. The ghoul is waiting in the darkness for victims to fall in, will not be surprised, and will attack immediately.

The door to the left has a trapped lock (sleep poison).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: