JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - dirawien
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    dirawien
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:51 pm  
    dirawien

Not sure if this has been discussed or not. The LGG describes them as an extensive system of magical highways built by the ancient Aerdi that allow quick transport over long distances. Somewhere else they were described as roads that were very passable in any weather. I think they were supply lines built by the great kingdom.

Are they all in the North Kingdom and the one to Ahlissa? How far west did these interstates run. Anyone incorporate these into their games?
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm  

In my 570s campaign, I'm using dirawaen roads throughout the Great Kingdom, from Kaport Bay in the north to Zelradton in the south. I also have a couple as far west as Almor: one running from Jalpa north to Innspa, the other between Chathold and Narsel Mendred. I think I'm drawing the line there, though, because I don't want dirawaen roads covering all the former Aerdy satellite territories, like Furyondy, Ratik, and Blackmoor.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm  

and in your campaign were these roads protected/policed? Did they make movement faster? What the heck are these things?
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:48 pm  

Have you read Ivid the Undying? That's where the dirawaen roads were introduced by Carl Sargent. They're toll roads in the old Great Kingdom.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 pm  

have not read it
    GreySage

Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:05 pm  

mcneilk wrote:
    have not read it

It's a free download. Get it. Wink

SirXaris
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 pm  

i have read it. thats were i got the info. Pretty sketchy description without any stats. Thanks for reminding me of that.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am  

I suggest that the dirawien provide roadway travel rates in any weather condition. If you want to make them a bit more special, boost up rates anywhere from 1/5 to 1/3, or improve them up "one notch", like the difference between open terrain/paths to roads.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:18 am  

as i read more on ivid the undying i learnt more. The Dirawien has a multiplyer of .4 to movement. it also talks about the guards at the tolls. Thanks for the heads up on the info i was seeking. ivid has enough to go on.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: