52%  [ 11 ]
    Bandkit Kingdoms
    47%
     47%  [ 10 ]
    Total Votes : 21

Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:32 am  
    Postfest Village Location Tie-breaker

You're killin' me smalls! So, here we go again. It is between the Bandit Kingdoms (a huge area) and the Theocracy of the Pale (which could include Sir Xaris's location, or not).

Last edited by Cebrion on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
    GreySage

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 am  

Surprise!

I'm not a fan of the Bandit Kingdoms, so I'll take the Theocracy -- in the hopes that it will lead to Xaris' suggested location.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:35 am  

Like MS.. going with ToP... but not for the same reasons... since picking up Caseys LG Bandit Kingdoms Summary.. really got all I need there...
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:11 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    You're killin' me smalls! So, here we go again. It is between the Bandit Kingdoms (a huge area) and the Theocracy of the Pale (which could include Sire Xaris's location, or not).

-Actually, there's a big difference from place to place in the BK. If we pick that, we'll need another poll.

Not that that's a problem. Wink

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    Surprise!

I'm not a fan of the Bandit Kingdoms, so I'll take the Theocracy -- in the hopes that it will lead to Xaris' suggested location.

-You could call that The Pale, I the idea of a place which easily includes anything is perfect.

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    Like MS.. going with ToP... but not for the same reasons... since picking up Caseys LG Bandit Kingdoms Summary.. really got all I need there...

-Actually, BDK1 makes me slightly more likely to pick the BK. As I point out above, there's a lot of different stuff in BK.

For those who want to explore a Pholtian Theocracy, you do have Dimre.

Personally, I'd go for Redhand.

I'm still gonna withhold my vote, waiting for the tie-breaking rationale!
    GreySage

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am  
    Re: Postfest Vaillge Location Tiebreaker

Cebrion wrote:
    You're killin' me smalls! So, here we go again. It is between the Bandit Kingdoms (a huge area) and the Theocracy of the Pale (which could include Sire Xaris's location, or not).

No surprise here - I voted for the Theocracy of the Pale in the hopes that my location will be selected. However, I can always do it myself, later, if it isn't chosen. Wink

I agree with DLG that Aurdraco's Bandit Kingdoms summary details that area much more heavily than anything we have for the ToP. Let's go with a less-developed area of the Flanaess than the BK.

SirXaris

PS. Ceb, you misspelled 'village' in the thread title. Wink SX
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:24 am  
    Re: Postfest Vaillge Location Tiebreaker

SirXaris wrote:
    PS. Ceb, you misspelled 'village' in the thread title. Wink SX

-I thought that was its name. Huh. Wink
    GreySage

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:59 pm  

Greyhawk already has a hamlet called Hommlet. Why not a village of Vaillge?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 pm  

rasgon wrote:

I like it!
    Paladin

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:26 pm  

rasgon wrote:

Too Funny...
    Laughing
    Or
    Mettlesent Settlement
    or
    Drof Ford
    or
    Grossinc Crossing
    Razz Laughing
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:37 pm  

Well my first vote was the Frost Barbarians.

So now I'm throwing my vote in with the Pholtians. Shocked

Most people think Iuz is a problem!

Later

Argon
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 pm  

Hm, do you guys realize the topic voting process on this forum has been turned into a veritable postfest itself?

Razz
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:49 pm  

Yeah yeah. I misspelled a few other things too (but look at what time I posted the thread).

Anyways, in voting don't get too fixated on Bandits vs. Pholtans. There are other things in these lands as well, despite many peoples' fixation on those two particular things. And, if the location is in the borderlands of either of them, well, that allows for some bleed-over. Or, if the village is in "badlands" (i.e. any rougher terrain where the usual Bandits/Pholtans are not likely because it would require more effort/inconvenience), everything could be on the table.

Lots of options here. No need to pigeon-hole anything because of the name of the land.

(Fun fact: there have been 196 Postfest submissions since its start back in August 2001.)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:15 am  

Like I said, I'm now hoping for Xaris' location; a village on the border of the Pale -- in essence -- for excursions against intolerance! I will fly my flag with Boccob's symbol proudly above my tower! In any land!

I will not tolerate intolerance!

Mwahahahahahahahahaha!

Cebrion wrote:
    Fun fact: there have been 196 Postfest submissions since its start back in August 2001

That means we have a ways to go before breaking the 1000 mark! Evil Grin

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Fun fact: there have been 196 Postfest submissions since its start back in August 2001.

Cebrion,

I wonder if Snapple would print that on one of their caps? Wink

Looks like some bandits sneaked in and messed with the ballots.

Later

Argon
    Paladin

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:57 pm  

Argon wrote:

Looks like some bandits sneaked in and messed with the ballots.

Looking to those shadowy places.... Shocked
    Seems suspect.... as I looked only last eve and it was nearly two to one...... Where is Bubbagump.. no longer on his park bench and running loose once again? Surprised
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm  

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:

Looking to those shadowy places.... Shocked
    Seems suspect.... as I looked only last eve and it was nearly two to one...... Where is Bubbagump.. no longer on his park bench and running loose once again? Surprised

We need Mystic to use his locate halfling thief spell. Check his little fingers for ink marks. Halflings ballot tampering.

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:20 am  

Argon wrote:
    We need Mystic to use his locate halfling thief spell. Check his little fingers for ink marks. Halflings ballot tampering.

Dave "Bubbagump" is a good friend and the reason I began "That Infamous Key," alas, these past years Dave has been experiencing some serious medical problems and has been incommunicado for much of that time. Cry

I doubt that Bubbagump is doing the tampering here. Wink

Though it is apparent that some are voting without offering comments! Making one ask whether or not they intend on making a contribution to this project, which in turn makes you wonder whether or not their vote should count! Shocked Razz

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am  

Argon wrote:
    ...Looks like some bandits sneaked in and messed with the ballots...

-I can't find the original thread, but IIRC, it was 3 BK vs. 3 Pale (implying the hard core vote either way), with many votes for other places, implying many of votes up for grabs. I don't think that the current 10 BK vs. 11 Pale is anamolous.

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    ...Though it is apparent that some are voting without offering comments! Making one ask whether or not they intend on making a contribution to this project, which in turn makes you wonder whether or not their vote should count! Shocked Razz

-Fair point.

OTOH, I've offered a contribution, but have yet to vote. Wink

I'm leaning to BK, if the village of Vaillage is set in either Redhand or Dimre. If not, then I like Sir Xaris' T-2 location.

Can we make conditional votes? Sad

But when all is said and done, anyplace would be fine. Those who didn't get their first choice this time can get a crack at it next time.

There will be a next time, right?
    Paladin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 am  

[quote="Mystic-Scholar"][quote="Argon"]Dave "Bubbagump" is a good friend and the reason I began "That Infamous Key," alas, these past years Dave has been experiencing some serious medical problems and has been incommunicado for much of that time. [quote]
    Well here's hoping a speedy recovery.. I have enjoyed his postings and hope to see more....
    Paladin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:49 am  

Ok that was bazzare... went to preview rebuttal and got Debug Mode Error, went back and it was posted??? Confused wierd.. anyway below is what was meant....

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    Dave "Bubbagump" is a good friend and the reason I began "That Infamous Key," alas, these past years Dave has been experiencing some serious medical problems and has been incommunicado for much of that time.

Well here's hoping a speedy recovery.. I have enjoyed his postings and hope to see more....
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 am  

Well, I voted BK and didn't post because I got distracted by a sandwich; not much changes here in Elmshire.

Only chose BK because it better fitted the first thoughts that came to mind when considering where I might take things in the eventual postfest. Tbf it wouldn't take a huge amount of tinkering to fit the Pale apart from those annoying fanatics needing to be dealt with in some rational way.
    GreySage

Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51 pm  

Ragr wrote:
    I got distracted by a sandwich; not much changes here in Elmshire.

That wouldn't be your famous bacon and mushroom sandwich by any chance, would it? Evil Grin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:05 pm  

jamesdglick wrote:
    Argon wrote:
    ...Looks like some bandits sneaked in and messed with the ballots...

-I can't find the original thread, but IIRC, it was 3 BK vs. 3 Pale (implying the hard core vote either way), with many votes for other places, implying many of votes up for grabs. I don't think that the current 10 BK vs. 11 Pale is anamolous.

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    ...Though it is apparent that some are voting without offering comments! Making one ask whether or not they intend on making a contribution to this project, which in turn makes you wonder whether or not their vote should count! Shocked Razz

-Fair point.

OTOH, I've offered a contribution, but have yet to vote. Wink

I'm leaning to BK, if the village of Vaillage is set in either Redhand or Dimre. If not, then I like Sir Xaris' T-2 location.

Can we make conditional votes? Sad

But when all is said and done, anyplace would be fine. Those who didn't get their first choice this time can get a crack at it next time.

There will be a next time, right?

Ok, some people are forgetting my sense of humor.

Bandits hence bandit kingdoms, do I really need to spell out the pun in that one.

I also know Bubbagump is a good guy. I know DLG was referring to the infamous key story and not Dave's personal character. Also halfling thief, bandits = thieves, get the connection.

All was intended in good fun and not meant to insinuate that something has truly run afoul.

I am hoping Sir Xaris location aka Theocracy of the Pale area is chosen. It is a fine idea and worthy of being chosen. Bandit Kingdoms have been done by Casey aka Audraco, I have no desire to expand what has already been addressed by his creative writing.

So I voted for the Pale.

See now of this would of happened if we went with the Frost Barbarians! Wink

Later

Argon
    Paladin

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 pm  

Argon wrote:

Ok, some people are forgetting my sense of humor.
    Bandits hence bandit kingdoms, do I really need to spell out the pun in that one.

I was with ya.. hence the Bubbagump remark......
    Argon wrote:

I also know Bubbagump is a good guy. I know DLG was referring to the infamous key story and not Dave's personal character. Also halfling thief, bandits = thieves, get the connection..

Exactly, not an intended slight to Dave at all, if anything a homage to his pen.
    Argon wrote:

All was intended in good fun and not meant to insinuate that something has truly run afoul. ..

Argon wrote:

I am hoping Sir Xaris location aka Theocracy of the Pale area is chosen. It is a fine idea and worthy of being chosen. Bandit Kingdoms have been done by Casey aka Audraco, I have no desire to expand what has already been addressed by his creative writing.

So I voted for the Pale...

Ditto to that...
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 pm  

And so this one is over. One more vote than lat time, and it is probably the vote of that one person who didn't vote last time that broke the tie. The Pale roared ahead early on, but within two days of that the BK roared into contention itself

But, in the end, The Pale edges out the BK by a nose. Next poll incoming...
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: