Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Postfest: The Pale- final location (I hope)
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Postfest Forum & Archive
    Postfest: The Pale- final location (I hope)

Choose a hex.
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    30%
     30%  [ 4 ]
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    7%
     7%  [ 1 ]
    15%
     15%  [ 2 ]
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    7%
     7%  [ 1 ]
    7%
     7%  [ 1 ]
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    23%
     23%  [ 3 ]
    7%
     7%  [ 1 ]
    Total Votes : 13

Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 pm  
    Postfest: The Pale- final location (I hope)

Last location poll, I hope.

Using the following map, vote for the red number in the hex where you want the village to be located.

Last edited by Cebrion on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:52 pm  
    Re: Postfest: The Pale- final location (I hope)

Cebrion wrote:
    Last location poll, I hope.

Using the following map, vote for the red number in the hex where you want the village to be located.

-What does PAL- 07 say about the Woodsedge area? Is there space?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:01 pm  

There were literally thousands of LGG adventures, and while I think that I might have this one, it is located...somewhere.

Perhaps we have a Pale nutjob...er...aficionado out there who can..."enlighten"...us? Laughing

(Somebody awaken Theocrat already!)

But, Woodsedge is there. Probably don't need another village in the same hex, or on the same side of the same hex.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    There were literally thousands of LGG adventures, and while I think that I might have this one, it is located...somewhere.

Perhaps we have a Pale nutjob...er...aficionado out there who can..."enlighten"...us? Laughing

(Somebody awaken Theocrat already!)

But, Woodsedge is there. Probably don't need another village in the same hex, or on the same side of the same hex.

-If there's nothing else there, the areas to the north look clear for at least 30 miles, assuming Anna's map is right:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/296601/Preview%20Flanaess%20Full%20Map130208r1.jpg

Could you put in Stardsett and Abbottsford on your map as a comparison?
    GreySage

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm  

jamesdglick wrote:
    If there's nothing else there, the areas to the north look clear for at least 30 miles, assuming Anna's map is right:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/296601/Preview%20Flanaess%20Full%20Map130208r1.jpg

Could you put in Stardsett and Abbottsford on your map as a comparison?

That would be helpful. Thanks for posting that link, jamesdglick. Smile

On Anna's map, due east of Woodsedge, there is a mountain pass through the Rakers to Harodford in the Bone March. It emerges into the Pale right at the confluence of two streams and is a perfect place for a village, in my opinion. In fact, because it leads to the Bone March, it seems to me that the Pale is certain to have some sort of garrison nearby, whether in a fort, tower, keep, or castle to guard against marauding humanoids using the pass for access to the fields, farms, and villages of the southern Theocracy. The garrison may be a bit further into the pass, but our village would benefit from providing supplies and entertainment to the soldiers stationed there.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that would be in hex number 9 or 13. Confused

SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 pm  

Stradsett and Abbotsford are just off the map.

Using a horizontal line drawn through Ogburg as a guide, the Paizo map has Stradsett located a bit north of Ogburg, while Anna's map has Stradsett located noticeably south of Ogburg, as in 20+ or so miles off position (and we know that, unlike the Darlene map, the Paizo map locations are where they are supposed to be, so I am not sure why Anna moved it so much). Accordingly, I am not using Anna's map as the guide, but in the case of Abbotsford, which the Paizo map does not show, I will approximate its location on the Paizo map as best I can (though I would really like to know the map source of Abbotsford and its placement, just to know if its placement is also off in relation to the Paizo map). Anyways, Stradsett is located right at the northeast vertice of Hex 1, if that hex were fully pictured. Abbotsford lies about mid-distant between Stradsett and Ogburg, and a bit south of a horizontal line on Ogburg on the Paizo map, so that would put it roughly northeast of hex 6 by a distance of one hex side. See the updated map for these added locations.

Also, if adding the locations of these other two places changes anything for the two people who already voted, let me know and I will reset the poll completely by axing this thread and creating a new one.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:14 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    On Anna's map, due east of Woodsedge, there is a mountain pass through the Rakers to Harodford in the Bone March . . . Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that would be in hex number 9 or 13.

I think the Paizo map has Woodsedge a lot closer to the mountains that Anna has it. That would put the trail in hex 12, with Woodsedge. Hex 13 is actually in the mountains. Confused

If the village is going to "guard" the pass, then it's going to be located in hex 12 -- though I haven't voted yet. Still thinking about it. Wink

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 am  

SirXaris wrote:

...Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that would be in hex number 9 or 13. Confused

SirXaris

Mystic-Scholar wrote:

...I think the Paizo map has Woodsedge a lot closer to the mountains that Anna has it. That would put the trail in hex 12, with Woodsedge. Hex 13 is actually in the mountains. Confused

If the village is going to "guard" the pass, then it's going to be located in hex 12 -- though I haven't voted yet. Still thinking about it. Wink

-Yeah, I think Sir X's recommendation could be Area 12, but it's hard to tell.

Cebrion, as part of my never-ending quest to be the biggest nit-picky jerk on Canonfire, could you toss in the stream and bridges on the map?

Personally, I like the bridge between Woodsedge and Abbotsford. That would create a way-station between those two points, would provide some security for the bridge, and would be a way-station to Sir X's mountain pass fort. I don't think sending supplies up a mountain stream would be that great, but it is closer than either Woodsedge or Abbotsford, and going upstream is sort of idiot proof. I think that would be Area 9.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:03 am  

Nope. Not gonna do it.

The point is to keep things close to the 83' boxed set material as a baseline to begin with. If anybody wishes to make use of later material as part of the "extra credit", then they should vote according to what that material tells them. Adding what I already have is a concession.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:01 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    Nope. Not gonna do it...

-Grumpy. Razz

Cebrion wrote:
    ...The point is to keep things close to the 83' boxed set material as a baseline to begin with. If anybody wishes to make use of later material as part of the "extra credit", then they should vote according to what that material tells them. Adding what I already have is a concession.

-Another poll! Laughing

Oh well. Although I see merit in 12, I'll go with 5 as first choice.
    GreySage

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 am  

Alrighty then, I chose Hex 12 -- a village on the trade route between The Pale and Bone March, or the trail south to Nyrond and the Flinty Hills.

But I think we are going to end up needing another poll! Shocked

*Yo! Admin guys! We need a "hand in face" emoticon!*

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:40 pm  

While we could always use more emoticons, if there is a location tie I will roll dice to break the tie.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 pm  

Okay. I went with 12. Smile

SirXaris
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 am  

And so Area 2 it is. Now I need to think on things for a bit.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: