Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - OMG! Greyhawk Minis!!!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    OMG! Greyhawk Minis!!!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm  
    OMG! Greyhawk Minis!!!

Apparently some of these have been available for a while now, and more have been slowly trickling out. For those who, like me, have somehow missed them, Gale Force 9 has been licensed to release a series of D&D miniatures based on the classics (also check out their maps and terrain). Behold! Shocked

Although somewhat pricey, the sculpts are very nice over all. I think I am going to have to get those Slave Lords. Cool The miniatures come unpainted. People keep calling them plastic, which is literally true, but they are more properly referred to as PLASTIC RESIN. They DO NOT glue together with plastic cement- you need to to use super glue (cyanoacrylate glue) to assemble them. Anybody familiar with the larger WARMACHINE plastic resin models will know how to work with this material. Scroll down on this page for even more listed entries that don't have pics yet, like Drelnza and the Tomb of Horrors sets. If you will be attending Gen Con Indy 2013 August 15-18, be sure to stop by the Gale Force 9 booth to see if you can get a sneak peak (and some pics!) at anything new that will be coming out. Cool

Last edited by Cebrion on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:33 pm  

I'll be sure to check out their booth this year, Cebrion. Those minis look awesome!

Last year, they had a full-sized Lolth-as-a-drider model. Some drow cos-players were posing for pictures alongside it. Happy

That beholder is pictured within a three-foot tall Under Oerth cavern model that would have been so fun to use in an adventure with minis. The entire thing was incredible to behold.

Thanks for posting the links.

SirXaris

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:03 pm  

If you have pictures of last year's display, post them, along with any new pics from this year, if any.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:33 am  

None from last year. I'll see what I can get this year, though.

SirXaris

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:54 am  

Pricey, but Wow!!!

I went further into their site, and had seen some of their vinyle battle maps before, but noticed that they're selling maps of Faerun, Khorvaire and Athas. Howzabout the classic Darlene GH map, huh?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 am  

I am hoping fora a Scourge of Suderham II set containing the remaining main Slave Lords- Stalman Klim, Edralve, Slippery Ketta, Theg Narlot, and Lamonsten the Lazy, plus an Aerie of the Slave Lords set with Markessa, Icar, Blackthorn, Gulyet, and Executioner.

I doubt that a Temple of Elemental Evil set, or three, would be poorly received either. Cool Waaay too many modules to make minis for, let alone other Greyhawk personalities. They could keep this ball rolling for years if they wanted to.

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:45 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    Waaay too many modules to make minis for, let alone other Greyhawk personalities. They could keep this ball rolling for years if they wanted to.

I'm thinking that a set of the three giant leaders and their wives from Against the Giants would be a great set: Nosnra and wife, Jarl Grugnur and wife, and King Snurre Iron Belly and Queen Fruppy. Smile

SirXaris

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:36 pm  

wow...just wow! thanks for sharing Cebrion. This is going to the top of my Christmas request list.
    CF Admin

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:20 pm  

It's good to see this, since it obviously means that WotC are now licensing Greyhawk again (or seemingly so, anyway...).

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:49 am  

The more I think about this topic, the more I seem to recall somebody, perhaps mortellan, bringing it up about a year ago when things were just getting started. I recall the Qesnef miniature in particular.

Last edited by Cebrion on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 am  

I'll post some pictures from Gen Con this year as soon as I can figure out how to get them from my phone to the computer. Confused

WotC didn't have a vendor's booth, but they did have a large section of a gaming hall devoted to their own gaming events.

SirXaris

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:29 pm  
    grey hawk minis

ilove to see knights of the heart set and soldiers of furyondy and grey hawk clerics also would love see warduke and kellick
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: