LGPA Exposing Kyuss
    Paladin

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:17 am  
    LGPA Exposing Kyuss

In the Introduction for Kyuss: The Hunt is On

It makes mention of it being the third in a series of Living Greyhawk
    Quote:
    DM’s Introduction
    This is the third adventure in the ongoing “Exposing Kyuss” series for the Mountain States region.
    In the first adventure, “The Secret of Zodal’s Temple,.....”

I can find no reference to the first two... has anyone seen these?

Link obliterated by THE LORD OF ENTROPY
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 pm  

Try google.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:22 am  

LOL OH Great Cebrion... that is the sum of your wisdom??? heheh
    Did that. .all roads seem to run back to the 3rd..... although, if the name were other than "the hunt is on" or "Zodals Temple"

Other than the Way back.. is there another repository (other than what we hope to create here) of the Living Greyhawk materials that would contain items such as this one?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:35 am  

There is no great repository of Living Greyhawk material. The main problem is that most of the authors/owners cannot, or will not, share their material with the public, and there are various understandable reasons for that. There are a few exceptions, but only a few unfortunately. As it is likely that the author of these adventures has not put them out into the public domain, or WotC owns them and has not done so, it would be against the forum rules to discuss the acquisition of them.

If you just want to know about the adventures then somebody can give you a rundown of them, but that is the extent of what would be permissible in this thread.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:50 am  

You misunderstand me.. wasn't seeking to "acquire" them (although admittedly I would purchase just to add to my pile of GH stuff).
    My curiosity stems from Kyuss research for my own campaign.
    Though various searches (here and elsewhere) I have consolidated to this:

• DRG#270 Pg# - 72,75
      • DRG#276 Pg# - 84,85,88,89
      • DRG#290 Pg# - 103
      • LGJ#1 Pg# - 23,24
      • LGJ#2 Pg# - 31
      Sons of Kyuss:
      • Crypt Of Lyzandred The Mad Pg# - 34
      • From the Ashes: Atlas of the Flanaess Pg# - 69
      • Return of the 8 Pg# - 17
      • The Scarlet Brotherhood Pg# - 67,70,71
      • WGR3 Pg# - 27
      • WGR5 Pg# - 78
      • FF P#88
      • Monstrous Compendium - Greyhawk Supplement
      Kyuss, Temple of (Brotton)
      • LGJ#2 Pg# - 31
      Elder Evils
      • Chapter 9 p#127-143

CanonFire.

Mellifleur and Kyuss
        Contributed by rasgon
        Posted by Dongul on Sat, October 18, 2008

How Cool is Kyuss? Too Cool to Kill!
        Contributed by gvdammerung
        Posted by Dongul on Wed, September 17, 2008

A 3E/3.5E Guide to the World of Greyhawk: An Annotated Bibliography (sparse Timeline reference)
        Contributed by robbastard
        Posted by ratlord on Thu, October 04, 2007

Postfest V, Part II: The Night of Fear (sparse holiday hook)
        Contributed by gvdammerung
        Posted by Dongul on Tue, August 09, 2005

Keoish Intelligence Report from the Hold of the Sea Princes(sparse though ties could be made via SB and Sea Princes)
        Contributed by Osmund-Davizid
        Posted by Farcluun on Sat, June 05, 2004

Kyuss' Ascension to Divinity
        Contributed by chatdemon
        Posted by Tizoc on Sat, June 22, 2002

The Origins of Kyuss
        Contributed by basiliv
        Posted by Dogadmin on Tue, May 07, 2002

The puzzling piece is the reference that started this thread doesn't seem to fit the others ( even the over the top Elder Evil offering) My first thought was it was purely home brew fandom, yet its roots appear to be LG, thus giving it some credence. But on digging further in the LG angle, I could find no other ties save the attached mention of "other" preceding modules.

So, yes, to clarify, my intent was to understand what the others were and how they connect, not to condone pdf piracy. I hope that clarifies my intent
    GreySage

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:49 am  

Looking through your list above, DLG, I see no mention of The Age of Worms adventure path. You'll find that it is all about Kyuss' attempted ascension to divinity. It is included in Dungeon Magazines #124-135.

I hope that helps. Smile

SirXaris

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 pm  

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    You misunderstand me.. wasn't seeking to "acquire" them (although admittedly I would purchase just to add to my pile of GH stuff).

As of this posting, nothing Living Greyhawk is currently legally for sale, other than the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, which can be found here and there still.
    Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    So, yes, to clarify, my intent was to understand what the others were and how they connect, not to condone pdf piracy. I hope that clarifies my intent

Surely you can understand my confusion, considering the link (which has been removed) that you posted.

There isn't much on Kyuss in the series, and anything worth mentioning would really only be spoilers to the adventures. You are not missing much if you don't have these.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Surely you can understand my confusion, considering the link (which has been removed) that you posted.

The reason for the link was to be clear of what I was referencing, as I hadn't seen it or the references it was making before. No transgression was intended.

SirXaris wrote:
    I see no mention of The Age of Worms adventure path,

Thanks for the Tip SX,, did have that one in the pile, just somehow over looked it when clarifying the list to Big C.

And as mentioned before, Kyuss: The Hunt is on seems to have roots appear to be LG, thus giving it some credence. But on digging further in the LG angle, I could find no other ties save the mention of "other" preceding modules. All of which seemed ambiguous, which in turn led me to query here for clarification.
    GreySage

Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:59 pm  

The two preceding modules were "The Secret of Zodal's Temple" and "The Tear of Pelor."

It doesn't quite match later versions of Kyuss (as depicted in the Age of Worms Adventure Path) because that hadn't been published yet when these Living Greyhawk modules were written.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:01 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    There is no great repository of Living Greyhawk material. The main problem is that most of the authors/owners cannot, or will not, share their material with the public, and there are various understandable reasons for that. There are a few exceptions, but only a few unfortunately. As it is likely that the author of these adventures has not put them out into the public domain, or WotC owns them and has not done so, it would be against the forum rules to discuss the acquisition of them.

Forgive my ignorance on Living Greyhawk (from 2000-2008 I was overseas a lot and I'm a 1/2nd edition player), but I don't understand why the dozens and dozens of adventures/modules for LG aren't available for sale by someone. If they are owned by WotC I would imagine they would want to make profit from them. If owned by individuals I would think the same unless they just want to keep them "in house" and not share with the world. Unless it's because of copy write issues, then it makes sense. I do own the LG Gazetteer, because I saw it on eBay and I will grab anything Greyhawk I can, but it sounds like a treasure trove of LG materials are locked away, which is sad.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:51 am  

LG adventures are often not in a fit state for actual publication. Also, since they weren't reviewed by the RPGA, they likely don't want to release them as that would canonize them to some extent. And then there are rights issues, Regional authors weren't paid. Etc. Also, the campaign ended because WotC launched 4th edition; WotC in no way wants to backtrack to support 3.x (which they never should have moved away from, imo). Quite frankly, WotC's failure was in not doing LG like Pathfinder would eventually do Pathfinder Society; create publishable content and sell it to everyone, not limiting distribution to regions (you could just give special Adventure Records for players/characters that were from that region). You could then also publish "Best of" books for regions, core mods, meta-regions, etc., which would essentially be adventure paths. A Best of Living Greyhawk Bandit Kingdoms adventure path would be pretty awesome but it can never happen unless I win the lottery and acquire the rights.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:23 pm  

It is mostly not out there for copyright reasons. The year 1 & 2 material is not out there due to WotC's decision (they own the year 1 & 2 material), whatever that might be. The year 3+ material is owned by its respective authors. They could put out that material for free on the internet so far as I know, or if they wanted to sell it they would have to remove all of the Greyhawk IP references. The decision to do either is up to each individual author though.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: