JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Dungeon location generator
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Dungeon location generator
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 am  
    Dungeon location generator

So in next session I need at least some kind of dungeon, to put my ex-PCs to final rest and introduce new PC that is comming to party. Thing is - I'm empty on this - I know I want to put it in plains of Sterich, only not having idea what can I use in this enviorment on small, one session dungeon crawl. Last time I needed this I used Wachtower from Sword & Fist, but now I'm lost.

So I'm asking maybe you got some interesting location genereator, or come to cool ideas? I got half good idea of mound with tomb, like one in Standing Stone adventure, but maybe you come with something way better. Or at least interesting location list generator?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:29 am  

If you just want ideas for locations there are plenty of random generators on line (search random D&D dungeon generator and you should find plenty. In terms of books, you can't go wrong with Ultimate Toolbox as an ideas generator for almost any situation your PCs are likely to face.

There are also random dungeon layout generators in a range of books from the 1E AD&D DMG to the 4E DMG.

Your barrow tomb idea seems like a good one to me btw as Sterich has been fought over so much it is bound to be littered with such tombs.
    Paladin

Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:37 pm  

If you're looking to be particularly devious and make your dungeons particularly dangerous without a randomizer, you might consider some of the old Grimtooth publications like HERE
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:27 pm  

I found great randomization site - http://donjon.bin.sh/

Great are especially Random Dungeon Generator that makes encounters, treusres and even great maps for DM and players. AWESOME!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:41 pm  

[quote="wyrdhamster"]I found great randomization site - http://donjon.bin.sh/

great find....*bookmarked*
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:31 am  

That is a great site. Checked out a couple things real quick and was pleasantly suprised. Passed this on to a couple of gamer friends.

Kit
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 am  

Some of the Grimtooth stuff is awesome. Be careful though. They can be real party killers.

kit
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: