JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Iuz Succession Question
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Iuz Succession Question
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:47 pm  
    Iuz Succession Question

So, assuming the Living Greyhawk outcome of Iuz's ascension to full godhood, what happens to his empire? I assume one of the Greater Boneheart take over, but which one? Is it Kermin Mindbender, the wizard, or one of the female clerics, Halga or Althea? I'd love to see hear what you folks think, and why!

Thanks a ton!
    Thyrnbryn
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:26 pm  

In which modules does his ascension occur? I'm still not very familiar with the LG pdfs.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:21 pm  

It was the year 8 cores, forget which one specifically, maybe something about Obsidian Citadel in the title.
    GreySage

Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:05 am  

Would Iuz trust his empire to a mortal? Mortals can make good servants, but Iuz may not be so certain one can handle ruling a domain that requires regular contact with the Abyss to hold it together. His mother could do it, if she was interested, but he may not trust her to look after his best interests. Perhaps he should designate one of Graz'zt's other children, his younger siblings. Or perhaps Graz'zt would demand that another one of his spawn be given the throne.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 am  

Thyrnbryn wrote:
    It was the year 8 cores, forget which one specifically, maybe something about Obsidian Citadel in the title.

It was CORS8-02 Wheels within Wheels... the final module in the "Ascension"-Plot Arc...

I'll have to check about the official outcome.... stay tuned.

Found nothing.... :-(
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 pm  

Falco wrote:
    Thyrnbryn wrote:

It was CORS8-02 Wheels within Wheels... the final module in the "Ascension"-Plot Arc...

I'll have to check about the official outcome.... stay tuned.

Found nothing.... :-(

In "Campaign Consequences" section, at the end of the adventure, say: "If this adventure is played before September 1st, please email the results to iuzcircle@gmail.com".

Maybe we can ask to this mail about the final result?

Sergio :-)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:45 am  

Thyrnbryn wrote:
    So, assuming the Living Greyhawk outcome of Iuz's ascension to full godhood...

...Huh?! After the drubbing he'd taken over the previous 10 years? I guess patience does have its rewards! Confused

rasgon wrote:
    Would Iuz trust his empire to a mortal? Mortals can make good servants, but Iuz may not be so certain one can handle ruling a domain that requires regular contact with the Abyss to hold it together...

-Well, he did put members of the Greater Boneheart in charge of his previous conquests. Of course, that didn't always turn out so well... Razz

Maybe after he gets his deity promotion, he'd be more tolerant or losses in Oerth? Maybe not...
    GreySage

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:51 pm  

jamesdglick wrote:
    -Well, he did put members of the Greater Boneheart in charge of his previous conquests.

He was okay with them working for him, but would he be as happy to give them his old job? It seems to me there might be a difference between letting them be regional administrators and admitting they can be emperor; it might be tantamount to acknowledging them as his equals (at least, equal to his former self). As emperor of the Empire of Iuz, he considered himself to be the equal of his father and other lords of the Abyss. Is he ready to extend that recognition to a mortal?

I'm looking at this from a feudal perspective, where the right to rule typically comes from divine right. Iuz had that divine right, and he might grudgingly admit that others of his bloodline might share some fraction of that right, but Kermin Mindbender or Halga? Maybe not. Obviously as a divinity, whoever he recognizes has divine right, but I'm not certain he'd be willing to recognize someone not of his blood.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: