JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - GaryCon VII
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    GaryCon VII
    GreySage

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:23 pm  
    GaryCon VII

Will anyone be at GaryCon this weekend? I'll be there with my publishers from Total Party Kill Games and other freelancers.

Hope to see some Canonfire! members there. Happy

SirXaris

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:41 pm  

I had a great time at Gary Con VI, but this year's event is Gary Con VII. Wink
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:07 am  

I think I'm going to finally get up to Lake Geneva next year. I've heard nothing but good things about GaryCon :)
    GreySage

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:08 am  

DMPrata wrote:
    I had a great time at Gary Con VI, but this year's event is Gary Con VII. Wink

Ah, right! Happy

I had a blast this year! Four of us from Total Party Kill Games travelled together. We arrived Thursday morning and set up in the Vendors' Hall.

Highlights of this year's GaryCon included:

Darlene Pekul (Our Lady of Gaming) had the vendor's booth right next to us, so I got to chat with her at length. She is a wonderful person and I'm so glad that she has returned to the gaming community. She told me that it was completely the result of a couple of fans, in particular, seeking her out and encouraging her to do so.

I scored a 2nd print copy of the Deities & Demi-gods (with Cthulu, Melnibonian, and Newhon mythos!). Jim Ward was kind enough to autograph it for me (as well as his story in an anthology of short stories I purchased there). Unfortunately, I never saw Rob Kuntz over the weekend and don't know if he made an appearance this year.

I got to chat with Grodog and I met Kraftwerk, both members of Canonfire! It's always such a great pleasure to meet online friends in person. Smile I was disappointed that I missed seeing you this year, DMPrata. Did I miss you, or were you not at the con this year?

I was able to spend some time chatting with Bill Conners and his wife, Kathy. Bill's claim to gaming fame is his tenure with TSR wherein he was responsible for the content of the Ravenloft campaign setting. I also got to chat with three very cool artists (all of whom have contributed artwork to TPKGames products): Terry Pavlet, Simon Todd, and Jeff Easley.

We didn't run any TPKGames events this year because GaryCon is a convention we just want to relax and game at (when not running the booth). I got in some extremely fun events, but the best was Shadow of the Demon Lord, run by Robert Schwalb. The game is in Kickstarter right now. It is extremely rules-light and the mechanics are focused on PC success. I was very impressed!

Though I didn't take the opportunity to speak to any of the following TSR illuminati, I did see Tim Kask, Tom Wham, Skip Williams, Margaret Weis, Ernie Gygax, Luke Gygax, and Frank Mentzer.

We four shared a suite at The Cove in Lake Geneva, WI with five other gaming friends and got very little sleep. The drive home was tiring, but we all made it safely and the mini-vacation was well worth it. Happy

SirXaris

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:34 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    I was disappointed that I missed seeing you this year, DMPrata. Did I miss you, or were you not at the con this year?
    I did not make it this year. Alternating years is all I can afford. I'd hoped to attend Gary Con VIII, but now I see that Geneva Ridge is already sold out. I figured I'd book my room as soon as dates were announced, but I guess I was too slow. Mad I really don't want to stay offsite.
    GreySage

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:27 pm  

DMPrata wrote:
    I'd hoped to attend Gary Con VIII, but now I see that Geneva Ridge is already sold out. I figured I'd book my room as soon as dates were announced, but I guess I was too slow. Mad I really don't want to stay offsite.

Yeah, GenCon was sold out immediately, too - not even a minute after opening the registration.

For GaryCon this year, we stayed off-site at The Cove. It was nice, and it was cheap since we split the cost between 9 people.
    Cool

SirXaris

Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:20 pm  

SirXaris wrote:
    I scored a 2nd print copy of the Deities & Demi-gods (with Cthulu, Melnibonian, and Newhon mythos!). Jim Ward was kind enough to autograph it for me (as well as his story in an anthology of short stories I purchased there). Unfortunately, I never saw Rob Kuntz over the weekend and don't know if he made an appearance this year.

Rob didn't attend this year, Skip.

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:36 pm  

grodog wrote:
    Rob didn't attend this year, Skip.

Well, I'll bring my new (old) book with me next year in the hopes that he attends again. Smile

It was great to see you again, Allan. Smile

SirXaris
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: