Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Happy Worldwide Game Day!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    Happy Worldwide Game Day!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:28 am  
    Happy Worldwide Game Day!

Thirty years ago our beloved hobby began with the release of Dungeons & Dragons. To celebrate this date , today Wizards of the Coast announced the Worldwide Game Day, incentivating everyone to play and DM, be their promotional adventures or any other RPG stuff.

I'll be DMing Fantasy Flight's Grimm RPG today. And you? Are you going to celebrate?

Happy gaming!

Victor Caminha
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:46 am  

We are celebrating here today as well. I'm taking my players into U3 today. In a couple hours as a matter of fact. Cool

Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:50 pm  

We celebrated here also. In fact, we just returned home from our local hobby shop where we spent a wonderful afternoon looking at minis, being all around social and running through a 1st level campaign. We now continue our regularly scheduled Saturday night gaming session. Game on folks!
    Laughing

Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:30 pm  

I did not do anything special...my friendly local gaming shop had completely overlooked the special events of today.

I did notice an article at the iwon.com webportal on the 30th Anniversary. It's in their entertainment news section. A short article that does much to reinforce our collective status as terminal geeks, but at least doesn't brand us as a cult. Laughing
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:12 am  

I celebrated as well! I managed to run throguh a basic game earlier in the day. Good times and I think we got at least one new player forever hooked on D&D! Cool

Then, later that evening I ran a BIG 9 player GH event! The ZIGGURAT OF CALIFYN (part of my home GH campaign). Good times all around, the big baddy was a fire giant named Lord Firebrand. he dealt massive damage out, but was defeated without a single player falling from his massive 3d6+15 and 3 Attack / Round! Whoo! a good game for sure and the players loved the loot!

.................................Omote
    FPQ

Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:03 am  

Hi all,

We celebrated here with another session of our regular GH campaign. The players enjoyed the ride through the 3rd level of Maure Castle. To make the celebration complete, we also had a delicious chocolate cake made by one of the female players! (Lady Artin Torunn dwarven fighter Lvl13) ;)

Saludos,
    Gabriel
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: