JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Happy new year and 2005 projects
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    Happy new year and 2005 projects
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:46 am  
    Happy new year and 2005 projects

First, I want to wish a happy new year for all of us, greyhawk fans, who strive to "keep the fires burning bright for our beloved Flanaess" (Mr. Monas's quote, IIRC). May Canonfire always prosper with new quality material and fans, even if there isn't much official support.

Second, I would like to know if you have any RPG projects for this year(or any other thing) or any resolution set. For my part, I just want to fulfill three things: a) continue my GH campaign after 4 months without DMing; b) Use some long-awaited NPCs such as Grazz't, Iggwilv, Tuerny, Keoghtom and other high level characters and creatures like Talisid and his companions, a Dream Larva, an Armageddon Beast, a Klurichir demon and other goodies (I'm waiting for use them since 2001) and finally c) If all goes well I 'll have my first RPG book published (as co-author) in this year so I'm very anxious about this project.

What about you?

Victor Caminha
    CF Admin

Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:26 am  

Wyk,

RPG Book? Let us hear of this literary construct!

You have an interesting list of personas to detail there, can't wait to see them.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:57 pm  

Abyss, I'm glad for your interest :-)

The book is the third of the series, all of them detailing an oriental campaign setting called Mítica (ME-Tee-Kha)-. The first one, "Mítica: Caminhos do Oriente" (Mítica - Paths of the Orient) introduced the scenario, giving a geographical overview of Lieh (the area where the campaign is centered), describing races (humans divided by culture and non-human races who are different from the PHB classics), core and prestige classes, feats, the local history and equipment. The second book, "Mítica - Sombras do Orient" (Shadows of the Orient) is centered around antagonists, evil organizations and faiths, and some unique monsters. The third book, which is the first one I am working, will deal about religions, cosmology (less that I would like, because Manual of the Planes and DMG 3.5 still await translation), two new core classes and some prestige classes as well, regional feats and an expanded equipment list. If all goes well, the book is released in the end of this semester.

All the books are in portuguese, softcover and having 64 pages. While this may limit the ammount of details, we're trying to maximize the space and bring as much oriental flavor and background as possible. The price however, makes the book very accessible (aprox. $5.70) for the brazilian market.

The cover (by Claudio Pozas, a brasilian d20 illustrator) of the 2nd book can be viewed in the publisher's (Editora Viu) official site: http://www.editoraviu.com.br/ . However, it's scheduled that in two weeks the setting will receive a new URL dedicated to it, with more images and material (all in portuguese, I'm afraid). When the new site is up I can post the new web adress.

Victor Caminha
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:15 am  
    Re: Happy new year and 2005 projects

Wykthor wrote:

Second, I would like to know if you have any RPG projects for this year(or any other thing) or any resolution set.

Along with my friend and recently recruited collaborator, Darva (who goes by the nick Darva here, go figure), I'm working on further developing the Old Lore: Basic D&D Greyhawk project I started and then abandoned last year. Check out the Old Lore D&D forum here on CF! for details.

Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:46 am  

Yes, I already noticed the D&D project. Until 3E, OD&D was my favourite (didn't like AD&D 1E or 2E). I wish you luck, especially when using some special OD&D goodies like the War Machine and Confidence Level (for running Stronghold) rules .

Victor Caminha
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:44 pm  

I haven't played AD&D 1e, 2e, or 3e, but I hope you enjoy what we're working on for Classic D&D. Smile
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:00 am  

Wykthor wrote:
    Second, I would like to know if you have any RPG projects for this year(or any other thing) or any resolution set.

Finish Oerth Journal #16!!! Happy

And my new house setting, Winterfall.

Cheers!
    Nell.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:19 am  

Wykthor wrote:

Congrats on the book! That's a notch in your, um, dicebag.

I'm planning on finishing up my Rockford (small town in SE Yeomanry) campaign arc. It should take the characters up to about 8th or 9th level, depending on how I finish it. There are plenty of loose ends to tie up at that point, and the notoriety of 9th level should draw some attention.

I'm also developing a very detailed set of House Rules for 3.5 in Greyhawk. Hopefully, that should be finished by December.

Telas
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:34 am  

Thank you, Telas Happy

Good luck on your Yeomanry project. That reminds me of two things that I'd like to do this year but the lack of time to translate to english will make it difficult: I wrote two adventures, 30-35 pages long, one about the Renvash Splinter (a LGG plot suggestion in Verbobonc envolving a religious item of St. Cuthbert) and the other being a 3E adaptation of "An Element of Chaos", originally a short adventure from 1E Tales from the Outer planes. They're on my "do it" list for some time Confused

Victor Caminha
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:39 pm  

My *real life* goals this year:
    - Survive it.
    - Ask my girlfriend if she wants to marry me. Shocked
    - Get better grades Happy Happy Happy
    - Get a black belt.

My *rpg* goals for this year:
    - Finish my RL and TRoB campaigns and start a new campaign in Greyhawk... *Supposed to be either ToEE or RttTEE* Smile
    -Then, get all the Wilderlands d20 stuff available as soon as possible... (It's such an awesome setting!)
    - Finish my Greyhawk campaign book *Kul'gobsula - Prison of Ice* (Juli?) and submit it to Canonfire Smile
    - Finishing the Edgar A. Poe Netbook for MotRD or publish the some related articles in an online RL mag (october)

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:50 pm  

Yay, finally I got the all the good news confirmed Happy

- The 64-page RPG book (in portuguese) I'm co-authoring is confirmed and will be available on June. The name's also defined: "Mítica - Desbravando o Oriente" (transl. Mitica - Braving the Orient, I think).

- The official site (also in portuguese) is online: www.mitica.com.br

It's a wonderful feeling to know something you worked hard and hoped so much will give fruit in a few months. I wish you luck in your projects Smile

Victor Caminha
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:52 am  

Ivid wrote:

- Ask my girlfriend if she wants to marry me. Shocked

Certainly one of the more diffcult porjuects this year. Wink
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: