ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Supporting Iquander
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Supporting Iquander
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:13 am  
    Supporting Iquander

Hello Everyone,

A lot has been said about the new Greyhawk map in Dungeon. Personally, I think its a fantastic map and I have already said as much on this forum, but honestly, that isn't enough. Mr. Mona is aware that he has some very serious support on the forum. Unfortunately, that is not enough. Sad If we, the fans of Greyhawk, are serious about supporting this new age of Greyhawk, then we need to do more.

Buy, buy, buy and buy some more. We need to make Dungeon the magazine the flies off the shelf before it even reaches the shelf. We need to inundate the email system with how great a job they are doing every week. We need to make it very noticable that players want WoG material and not "this is a generic adventure for any setting, blah, blah, blah." The only thing folks who make the decisions will notice is the bottom line; money.

Mr. Mona is a pretty rational guy. He has admitted that certain things are out of his hand (for the moment) and that certain politics in work don't allow him to do certain things (huh, imagine that; politics in a work place). The more POSITIVE clamor we make, the better our chances of getting WoG back on the presses. Mr. Mona can pull all of his boss' over to the computer, show them this forum and all they will say is, "Okay Erik, you brought us over to look at a bunch of misfits that belong to a very small sub-culture in an already small group in a very competative industry that is only a fraction of a small part of the entertainment business? I really hope you haven't grown too attached to being editor Erik." What will be noticed is the sell and demand of WoG material. So that means, if you have $8.00 spare in your pocket, instead of buying a McDonalds, you better go buy another copy of Dungeon. And yes, it doesn't matter that you have ten copies already, go *BUY* another copy. I'm sure this has been debated over and over again, but I thought I'd just do a public service announcement Wink

The destiny of WoG is in your hands,
    Dwarf from Nyrond

PS- Go buy a copy of Dungeon.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:31 am  

Well I have just signed up for a 12 issue Dungeon subscription to get those 4 issues and am looking forward to getting more quality GH material in the future. (LGJ compilation anyone?)

Hopefully the delivery problems to europe will be sorted out soon...
    CF Admin

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:31 pm  
    Three Retail!

Well, I have a subscription to Dungeon that I plan on keeping indefinitely. But, I also buy multiple copies off of the shelf. I bought two Castle Maure issues, two City of Hardby issues and three issues of 118 with plans to pick up more of 119 off of the shelf when it arrives in stores.

I think it was GVD who said in chat last week, "An hier and a spare" regarding extra copies of good issues.

While I certainly support Mr. Mona, I do this because there are some fantastic issues recently (meaning, since I've been paying attention to the magazine over the last year. I'm sure it's always been great).

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:50 pm  
    Castle Maure? Hardby?

Which are the Castle Maure and Hardby issues?
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:18 am  

I'm buying two copies of the map issues to be kept in a safe place just in case my house burns down.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:18 am  
    Re: Castle Maure? Hardby?

bigb451 wrote:

Hardby is 109, 111
    Maure 112
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:35 am  

Delivery to Europe sorted out, that would be nice, yes. I haven't yet received the issues shipped to subscriber in October (and not speaking of november and december issues of bothe magazine).

In the mean time, I buy these issues from the shelves, i cannot wait to see such good work done recently

Laughing
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:41 am  
    Just got the new one in!

Heya Folks,

Woohoo, I just got the new one in and it looks great! I thought the first map was nice, the second makes everything so much more pleasing to the eye. Mr. Mona and his team have done a very nice job to date! Wink Keep up the great work!

Go buy a copy,
    Dwarf from Nyrond
    Novice

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:11 am  
    Re: Castle Maure? Hardby?

Thank you, kind sir.

Thanael wrote:
    bigb451 wrote:

Hardby is 109, 111
    Maure 112
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:18 am  

He is doing some great work and at least we have someone that truly loves Greyhawk. Imagine if they had brought someone who thought Greyhawk was a tired old bull that needed to put out to pasture. And I have to admit that I recently bought my subscription to dungeon magazine just to get my greedy hands the maps. But it is definately worth it.

Maraudar
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:57 pm  

Just picked up my TWO copies of Dungeon 119 today.....

WOOOO HOOOOOO

For selfish reasons (campaign is currently in the SW) this was the quarter I was looking forward too the most.

Excellent job, as with the first.

Now if I could just find more information on that Passage of Slerotin.
    (Beware my players, and Be afraid!!!! Shocked )
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: