JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Liberation & The Queen GDQ
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Liberation & The Queen GDQ
    Master Greytalker

Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:42 pm  
    Liberation & The Queen GDQ

I have the liberation ofvGeoff, and like it very much. However, how does this reconcile with The Queen of Spiders. It seems that they both use the G modules but treat them in different ways.

P.S. I do not own the super module, just the originals.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:12 pm  

Anced

I don't really think it attempts to reconcile the GDQ series with The Liberation of Geoff. The G1-3 parts are the same as in the GDQ series, with some slight 2ed modifications. The second part of the module as an add-on does not fit too well withthe GDQ timeline. Geoff was not conquered until 584CY which I am sure is about 4 yyears after the GDQ series was billed.

In fact the introduction of LOG sites various ways in which the material can be used, which does not tie in with 'canon' Greyhawk timelines, such as featuring the G1-3 adventures as 'mop-up' operations against the Giant incursion.

You could use the LOG as side adventures to G1-3 set against a backdrop of the GDQ series, assuming that the giants had done more than raid in that adventure, and had infact devastated areas close to the mountains. Some of the locations could be used by the PCs before going to the G1-3 locations, or as closure to the adventures (which would probably require some scaling up) set around 576-580.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:01 pm  

The Liberation of Geoff is an expanded version of the G series. it would be very possible to run the GDQ series using LoG in place of G1-3.

LoG seems to have been made as a way for somebody to run G1-3 after the Greyhawk Wars and the gianst incursion in the west.

If you want the GDQ supermodule, go to svgames.com and you can download it for about $5 US.

In Yeoman's post, his last paragraph accurately describes what I consider the best usage of LoG in conjunction with the GDQ series. It so happens that I will be running the GDQ series in my campaign as a post Greyhawk Wars adventure. I will run the whole thing as the Liberation of Geoff, with the afterwards of finding out how the giants became so organized(ie. clues to continuing the adventure in the D and Q series).
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: