Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:24 pm
by Richard "Longetalos" Di Ioia
Campaigning in Furyondy is for those that want to experience a traditional heroic adventure, with clear lines between Good and Evil. The country is run by a Paladin of Heironeous and its main foe is Iuz (an evil demi-god). Most of the adventure taking place in Furyondy is centered around this conflict. A suggested time period to set a campaign is in the year 586 CY. The Pact of Greyhawk has been signed with Iuz still holding a portion of the northern lands of Furyondy – but King Belvor of Furyondy has declared unending war against Iuz and the Great Northern Crusade has begun.
Country specific resources
The Marklands (WGR4)
Castle Hart (1990)
Border Watch (WGM1)
Adventures in this country include:
- Infiltrating or laying siege to captured northern castles or villages.
- Fighting against evil humanoids, priest and mages and saving enslaved villagers.
- As the Vesve is partially in Iuz’s hands, the characters can have forest adventures.
- Naval adventures can be held on the Whyestil lake or the Nyr Dyv lake, both of which border Furyondy.
- Iuz has an extensive spy agency called the Shadowclaw working within Furyondy, so adventures can be designed to thwart their machinations.
- The country is host to the Knights of the Hart, which are Greyhawk’s equivalent of the Arthur’s Knights of the Round Table. Festivals can be held where the characters partake in jousting, fights of honor and other chivalric staples.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- Greyhawk city is available via a short naval travel out of Willip so side adventures in that area can be run.
- Verbobonc is to the south and adjacent to Furyondy, so the Hommlet and Temple of Elemental Evil adventure can be run.
- The Yatil mountains are on the border of Furyondy so adventures can be run that require mountainous terrain.
Unfortunately, Furyondy has no easy access to oceans so maritime campaigns cannot easily be set here. Nor are a lot of ruins for plundering available within the lands of Furyondy. The country has some political intrigue but as all the rulers are either good or neutral, this is limited. The deities worshipped are either good or neutral – the few priests of evil deities in the country worship in hiding.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total