Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:41 am
by David J. Leonard
Those wishing a Nordic (Viking) and Inuit style game will be well suited to campaigning here. This country is the most northern of the barbaric state and as such campaigns centered on living in the arctic would fit here.
The Cruski live on the edge of the world, they are whalers and shipwrights and fisherfolk. They navigate the Icy Sea by tiny craft they call kayaks. They are the most regal of the Barbarian tribes, and it is their king that holds the title “Fasstal of all the Suelii.” Old King Cralstag judged the southern Suel of Sharm false, and the Scarlet Brotherhood murdered him for it - the Brothers of the Scarlet Sign are their most hated enemies. The Cruski war upon Stonefist and the southerners, using kayaks in the north and longships to the south. They are loyal to their cousins, and had long sought their lost tribe across the eastern horizon.
Great inspiration for this area can be found in: the Inuit, Beowulf, the Kalevala, Nibelungenlied, The Last King (TV), Vikings (TV), The Eagle (film).
Country specific resources:
Dragon magazine #57
WGS1 The Five Shall Be One; WGS2 Howl From the North
Adventures in the country include:
- The Sharm’s Dark Song, Dungeon #87; Raiders of the Black Ice, Dungeon #115; The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga; C13 From His Cold, Dead Hands, by Carlos Lising, casl Entertainment, 2019
- Arctic adventures in the Taival Tundra; Big Seal Bay (outer doors of an ancient dwarven clanhold)
- Forest adventures in the Sable Forest. Winter wolves and sable firs.
- Mountain adventures (and Underdark adventures) in the Corusks and Griff mountains.
- Intrigue in Glot, Scarlet Brotherhood agent, perfidious Schai!
- Border skirmishes with the Bone March.
- Fey fading lands.
- Ruins of the Ur-Flan from the time of Keraptis.
Adventures in nearby areas include:
- WGS1 The Five Shall Be One; WGS2 Howl From the North
- Adventures in nearby Ratik.
- Forest adventures in the Hraak Forest.
- Sea adventures upon the Solnor and the Icy Seas.
- Border skirmishes and raids into the Hold of Stonefist.
- Mutual defense negotiations with the Barbarian tribes. Mutual defense with Fruztii barbarians of the Kelten Pass.
- Expeditions to Skrellingshald (Tostencha).
- The Land of Black Ice, and the Zeai Clan (Sea Barbarians, or the Leopard Seal Clan) upon the Icy Sea.
- Trade expeditions to The Sea Princes and the North Province.
- The search for and discovery of Fireland, and the arrival of a ship from Fireland.
- Espionage with the North Kingdom.
- The Hunt for agents of the Scarlet Brotherhood.
Richard Di Ioia (aka Longetalos)
Last edited by Longetalos on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total