Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Question: Cynidicean version in Greyhawk?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions
    Question: Cynidicean version in Greyhawk?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 am  
    Question: Cynidicean version in Greyhawk?

I am running the B2 module "Return to the Keep on the Borderlands". In it is an NPC named Third who is Cynidicean. WARRIOR MAIDENS OF MADARUA. Obviously, Amazon women warrior society.

Quote:
    She only arrived at the Keep a few weeks ago, having crossed the desert to the south beyond the mountains. She does not speak common and does not care to teach Cynidicean to outsiders, so most assume she is mute if not a little simple-minded. If approached with respect, she might be convinced to change her mind about learning to speak in common or teach another Cynidicean, but so far, this has not happened.

With the Keep on the Borderlands located in the SouthEast part of the Yeomanry based on Anna's maps. I figured she would either be from west of the Crystalmyst mountains or far to the south. Or maybe what ever is left before the Rain of Colorless Fire?

Any suggestions how to adopt this?

Political Beliefs
    Quote:
    The Warrior Maidens believe that neither the chauvinistic view of the Brotherhood of Gorm nor the deceptive approach of the Magi (and certainly not the evil ways of the Zargonites) is the way to a better Cynidicea. They believe that only a society that gives strength to the women and that operates in a direct, forward and principled manner will thrive. They will work with the other societies, though, if the alternative is worse - if they can be convinced the only way to topple Zargon is by joining forces with Gorm then they will do so.

Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:49 am  

Hey, I found the answer I was looking for! An old 2007 thread. This is perfect. https://www.enworld.org/.../cynidicea-lost-city-masque.../
    GreySage

Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:01 pm  

StylinLP38 wrote:
    Hey, I found the answer I was looking for! An old 2007 thread. This is perfect. https://www.enworld.org/.../cynidicea-lost-city-masque.../

Very interesting, but the link is dead.

SirXaris

Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:50 pm  

https://www.enworld.org/threads/cynidicea-lost-city-masque-of-dreams.185305/

Here you go. Half way down the page is a full background to Third. This is perfect!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon May 03, 2021 3:03 pm  

Wow! This is quite a find. I had no idea this was in there and obviously need to read Return to the Keep on the Borderlands more closely. I know some of the later B modules were set in Mystara B2 was retconned into Mystara later. What I remember of Return is that it was kind of all over the place -- suggested setting in the Yeomanry but the god worshiped in the temple in the Caves of Chaos was Nergal.

Also if you're not aware of it, Zargon, the god of the Cynidiceans appeared in the 3.5 book Elder Evils.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- Other Game Systems/Editions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: