JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Another Incomplete Chapter
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    Another Incomplete Chapter
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:14 pm  
    Another Incomplete Chapter

One of the problems with being your own editor is, yet again, forgetting to include certain important texts of a chapter when you submit them to sites kind enough to host your work. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like the following passage added to In Word And Indeed between the sections on Weimar and Airk paying their respects at the war memorial and Luna attending the clerical forum:

Seline stretched and sighed happily as she dressed and left the changing-room at Jolene’s manor. She enjoyed studying the arcane arts, but she also enjoyed pampering herself after a long day of study and work. After relaxing in one of Jolene’s heated baths and getting a masseuse to ease the tension out of her shoulders and back, she felt like a new woman. It’d been far too long for Seline’s liking since she’d been able to enjoy a bit of luxury.

Seline was thinking about what kinds of activities she’d be able to do in Highfolk when she heard Jolene’s voice coming from further down the hall. Picking up her pace, she walked into a sitting room where she saw Jolene embracing another woman who bore a striking resemblance to her. The other woman seemed somewhat younger, her skin slightly lighter than Jolene’s and her eyes a bright green, but otherwise she could have been Jolene’s twin.

“Oh…Your Highness?” Seline said, blinking in surprise.

“Yes?” both of the other women said at the same time, before Jolene spoke up again.

“You’re referring to me, I take it,” Jolene said to Seline. “This is my younger sister Eirene.”

“A pleasure,” Seline said, curtsying briefly with her robe. “I’m Seline Roas Del Cranden, of the Company-“

“Yes, the company that came to Jolene’s rescue,” Eirene said, bowing her head in response, “just the way anyone would. I take it that’s why you and your friends are taking advantage of our family’s hospitality?”

Seline blinked in surprise, not expecting that response.

“…My friends and I were invited by Her Highness Jolene,” Seline said. “We’ll be leaving in a day or two for Highfolk, and-“

“-and you don’t need to apologize,” Jolene said, frowning reproachfully at Eirene. “Eirene, perhaps-“

“Yes, I should be the one apologizing,” Eirene said, giving Seline a curtsy of her own. “Forgive me-I’m still upset that you were abducted,” she said, turning to Jolene.

Seline looked from one sister to the other, suddenly aware of a distinct chill in the air. She felt distinctly uncomfortable, and quickly took her leave as Jolene and Eirene resumed their conversation.

The chill remained with Seline as she went to retrieve her spellbooks.

Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:23 pm  

Done.

Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Done.

Thank you so much for this, and for continuing to host my writings here at CF. It means a lot to me! Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.33 Seconds