in Greyhawk
Cities of
Oerth
Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
Canonfire :: View topic - “Weather in the World of Greyhawk” insert Dragon#68 vs. box?
Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
“Weather in the World of Greyhawk” insert Dragon#68 vs. box?
CF Admin

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:35 am  
“Weather in the World of Greyhawk” insert Dragon#68 vs. box?

I’ve anecdotally heard that the Dragon #68 (Dec 1982) insert was also provided in some of the later printings of the 1983 World of Greyhawk boxed set (October 1983).

If the Dragon insert was included in the boxed sets at some point, I would expect that it shouldn’t be stapled, otherwise it would have just been stored in the box after being pulled from the issue.

So, my Qs are:

1. Do we have definite examples of unstapled versions of the Weather Dragon insert that were provided with the GH boxed set?

2. Are there any additional printings of the boxed set beyond the 1st and 2nd that have been catalogued thus far, and does the insert version have any additional substantive changes that we can identify (inclusion of errata, etc.), and that we should add to the details at https://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpages/wrldgrey.html in order to differentiate printings with and without the inserts?

3. Or, would the presence of such an insert merely suggest a difference of timing vs. an additional printing designation?

Allan.

Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:22 am  

Allan,

I've never seen the insert in any of WoG boxed sets. I bet this is just a matter of folks storing the magazine insert in their box set, and then selling it, so that those who bought it used thought it was something came with the box.

jc
Master Greytalker

Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:10 am  

I for one just cut out the table for rainbows and taped it in my Guide. (We have a cleric of Lydia.)
   Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: