Greyhawk Wiki
Canonfire :: View topic - Iuz's Shadowclaw
Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
Iuz's Shadowclaw
Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:43 am  
Iuz's Shadowclaw

Quote:
Iuz has an extensive spy agency called the Shadowclaw working within Furyondy, so adventures can be designed to thwart their machinations.

Hmm, I have a few questions about the Shadowclaw. Iuz's creation, of course. Sounds like something out of "Mission: Impossible", Agents of SHIELD vs. Hydra, or "Get Smart." Although the "Mission: Impossible" analogy fits better. I could run missions based on the Cold War here alone.

So my questions are these:
1. Is the Shadowclaw mentioned in Iuz the Evil? (No, I haven't read through my pdf copy)
2. Does Furyondy have an organized spy agency of their own to counter the Shadowclaw? Something like the C.I.A.? Or even S.H.I.E.L.D.? If not I can steal an agency from World of Warcraft. (S.I. 7)

I think I can run a whole spy vs. spy campaign in Greyhawk. Have the players start out in Furyondy, and work for Furyondy's secret intelligence agency.
Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:56 am  

1) The Boneshadow
This is the collective name given to six spies and agents
of Iuz who are active abroad in the Flanaess. Dungeon
Masters owning The Marklands will know of Petrenek
and the Shadowclaw organization active within Fury-
ondy, but the Boneshadow are a much more formidable
group.
2) I imagine that all kingdoms have a network of spies.
3) Two modules would be likely to be interesting with this type of adventures: The City of Skulls where adventurers infiltrate Dorakaa and Slavers where adventurers infiltrate the Orc Empire and the Slavelords.
Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:17 pm  

Docjacques wrote:

3) Two modules would be likely to be interesting with this type of adventures: The City of Skulls where adventurers infiltrate Dorakaa and Slavers where adventurers infiltrate the Orc Empire and the Slavelords.

I think I got those.
GreySage

Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:00 pm  

Since Furyondy is ruled by a paladin, I suspect that, historically, not much stock was put on spying, in general. However, since the disappearance (and suspected abduction) of his son, Thrommel, I would expect that Belvor IV would have seen the value of a well-financed spy agency working on his behalf and put a concerted effort into increasing its effectiveness.

I think a Furyondian spy agency would focus mostly on thwarting foreign spies within the nation. Its major external focus would be Iuz and the Horned Society. I really don't think Belvor IV (and Furyondy by extension) would be much interested in spying on everybody, the way that many other nations would.

SirXaris
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: