Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - DA Series in Greyhawk?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    DA Series in Greyhawk?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:05 am  
    DA Series in Greyhawk?

Has anyone tried to run the adventures in DA 1-3 (+) as Blackmoor area adventures in a Greyhawk campaign? what changes did you make? Are these adventures any good at all?

Thanks

M
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:00 pm  

I tried it years ago, but I remember DA2 (Temple of the Frog?) as being really easy. And DA3 (City of the Gods?) was exceptionally lethal. It may have been because I was using AD&D characters and rules in OD&D adventures, but I doubt it.

Since the adventures dealt with time travel, the locations and names didn't matter to me much.

There is no way I'd try to run this series in 3.0/3.5... way too much work. Same holds true for trying to place these in "today's" Greyhawk... too much work.

And the players will invariably want to keep some piece of hi-tech loot. That way lies madness...

Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:42 am  

I tried to incorporate DA 2 and 3 into my campaigns. Here's how I went about it:

I put DA2 in the Hools, and DA3 was the City of the Gods in Blackmoor. I chaged the references to make them more in line with GH. DA2 could almost be run as is, modifying the technical game terms and the maps but that is not much of a problem (I was just converting to Advanded D&D 2nd edition).

DA3 required more work. I placed it at the City of the Gods ruin in Blackmoor proper, but on further reflection there may have been better places to put it (especially seeing as I put DA2 in the Hools, a closer point would have been better, the Bright Desert perhaps?). The strange four armed desert humanoids in DA3 were changed into a regular Wolf Nomad tribe and the geography was switched from a desert environment to a more northern clime. I also tinkered around a lot with the future weaponry, incorporating the flow chart on using future tools from the Barrier Peaks adventure.

As far as if they are worth purchasing, I liked DA2 just for the great maps of the temple of the Frog. If for nothing else, if you like the Greyhawk cult of Wastri and wanted to use a super temple complex, you can use these maps and the organization of the cult and just ignore the plot specifics. That alone makes DA2 a worth while purchase.

O-D
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: