JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Mystoerth Map on Front Page
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Mystoerth Map on Front Page
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:35 am  
    Mystoerth Map on Front Page

I just want to alert people to the excellent alternative map of Oerth - called Mystoerth - that is available on the Home/Front Page. It is a topical submission by Chatdemon that I think is outstanding. You can view/post comments but you need to open the submission and scroll down to do so. I hope people will look at this submission and consider it a viable alternative to the dull Dragon Annual Map.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:54 pm  

I agree GVD, a long time ago I tried to marry the two maps as well, but with much less success than this map. I can't even recall how I tried to do it, but it was ugly. :P
    CF Admin

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 pm  

Very nice! Thanks for the heads-up GVD, I commented on the article there for Rich.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:45 pm  

Thanks for the linkage, but once more, I must point out that credit for the idea, and rough "template" for the map goes to James "Mystaros" Mischler, of Mystara fandom fame.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:46 am  

Since reception of the map has been fairly positive, I have decided to follow it up with material that explains where everything is on the map and how the two settings interact, etc.

Step one is a unified "creation myth" and grand general history of the world of mystoerth, which will be forthcoming in a series of articles or posts. Keep an eye on the old lore forum, since that is where much of it will probably end up, or at the least, links to whereever I end up hosting it. I am disinclined to submit the material as CF articles simply because of the fact they would not be seen by the readers here until mid to late october, if I post them tonight. To keep the material fresh and relevant, a more expedient schedule is needed. I'll keep yall informed of what I decide.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: