Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:01 am  
Greyhawk Miniatures by Ral Partha were once planned...

A long time ago, you will recall that Ral Partha had the license to produce AD&D miniatures for TSR. You may also recall boxed sets featuring miniatures for Planescape (various deities/heroes) and the Forgotten Realms(Menzoberanzen) in particular. These sets contained about 10 miniatures, packaged in a box about 6 x 8 inches in size.

I had heard (through the most obscure of sources Wink ) that a Greyhawk miniatures boxed set was also planned, featuring GH notables such as Mordenkainen, Iuz, Ivid, Thrommel, Korenth Zan, or similar personalities. I was just wondering if "anybody in the know" has ever heard of this, or has actually seen any of the test miniatures for this set.

Some of you are going to GENCON Indy or ORIGINS. I'm sure Iron Wind Metals will be at either or both of those shows, so you might ask them about it.

FYI: Iron Wind Metals is the new name of Ral Partha by the way, just in case you didn't know. The company was bought up by the production staff and resurrected basically. A really nice bunch o' folks. Almost all of the old Ral Partha stuff is now available from them.