JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - LG: Tales for a New Year
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    LG: Tales for a New Year
    CF Admin

Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:55 pm  
    LG: Tales for a New Year

Living Greyhawk has some rumors posted at its site regarding three potential Core arcs for 2006. I especially like the rumors of Turrosh Mak and the Drachensgrab. Check out the recent tales HERE.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:28 am  

very interesting...i dont think they will kill Iuz, but it would be interesting a campgain arch in the Pomarj, maybe related to the one in the Bright Sands.
    CF Admin

Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:34 am  
    Rumors

Living Greyhawk wrote:
    “I overheard during my travels in the lands near the Empire of Iu…er Old Wicked that a king of kings was born. I am not sure what or who this ‘king’ is but the peoples were speaking as if he was the chosen one that would bring about the end of Old Wicked. Others were fearful that this could be the next tyrant to plunge them into even further darkness and despair. If you ask me I’d say let fate work its magic and see how it all plays out.”
    I wonder if there is a Thrommel revelation or other story device regarding the dispossessed prince in this rumor.

I'm not opposed to getting rid of Iuz. While I don't think it will happen in Living Greyhawk, I would support an effort to rid the Flanaess of him as long as it is plausible and devised well. Then maybe another fell power will rise in the north, like the Horned Society did - perhaps they'll return and figure more prominently.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:20 pm  
    Leave Him Dead

I think that, as stated, a well devised end to Iuz could be attractive. However, I would like to see less of a new villain and more of some of the existing "other," groups. The Giants in the west could offer more than has been presented so far, and IMO they are far more credible that Turosh Mak.

I am not at all opposed to a huminoid threat to the Flaness, but he has always seemed a place holder to me. As if they couldnt come up with a better character/name/villan, and stuck him in till they did. Then never went back to correct the record.

I would also like to see the Horned Society comeback, or some more credible evil... one that wants to build an empire and have nations, just not human/elven/dwarven nations. Something that is more than a target for PCs.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:07 pm  

I'm gonna have to pipe in on the whole "Getting Rid of Iuz" thing...Iuz is Greyhawk!...Okay, maybe not the whole thing, but a significant part of the milieu...Sure let him have some setbacks; give other groups the spotlight; develop an evil from the West; but don't get rid of my love-to-hate-'im Iuz...He's been there from the beginning and should be there until the last GH game ever played, a game in which he should be utterly destroyed and the story over...
    Kwint
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: