JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Bright Desert Bibliography
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Bright Desert Bibliography
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:01 pm  
    Bright Desert Bibliography

I cross-posted this on the LG Yahoo group, but since it might be of interest to those who frequent this site, I thought I'd post it here as well. Originally, I was researching Itar, but since that seems to be a blind spot in the GH material, I expanded my scope to include the Bright Desert. Given the recent Blight on Bright Sands LG arc, I thought I'd make a bibliography so that anyone wanting to do research for their campaign could find source material quickly. Here is what I came up with:

Greyhawk Adventures (TSR 2023) by James M. Ward; 1988.

The City of Greyhawk (TSR 1043) by Douglas Niles, Mike Breault, and Kim Mohan; 1989.

Rary the Traitor (WGR3) (TSR 9386) by Anthony Pryor; 1992.

Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad (TSR 9580) by Sean K. Reynolds; 1998. [ Mentions that Lyzandred pulled down the meteor that caused the dwarves of Clan Highforge to create the mine-pits of Azak-Zil. Also has map of Azak-Zil. ]

LIVING GREYHAWK SOURCE MATERIAL

Living Greyhawk Gazetteer (TSR 11743) by Gary Holian, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, Frederick Weining; 2000.

“Blood of Heroes” by Sean K. Reynolds, Fred Weining, and Erik Mona; Living Greyhawk Journal 3; February 2001. [ Information on Vathris. Monster stats for the Amedian Gutworm, Losel, Norker, and Swordwraith. ]

“Enchiridion of the Fiend-Sage” by Sean K. Reynolds; Living Greyhawk Journal 4; May 2001. [ Dune Stalkers. ]

“Into the Bright Desert” by Creighton Broadhurst; Living Greyhawk Journal 21, Polyhedron, Dungeon Magazine 98; May 2003. [ All about the lands Rary controls. ]

“Denizens of the Bright Desert” by Creighton Broadhurst; Living Greyhawk Journal 22, Polyhedron, Dungeon Magazine 103; October 2003. [ Stat blocks for Rary the Traitor, Eliazir Razeem Azam'ut of the Muddled Tongue, Shemaya, and Kumhaik. Moster stats for the Desert Troll and Hueleneaer (Desert Centaur). ]

“Hardby: City of the Scorned” by Paul Looby; Living Greyhawk Journal, Polyhedron, Dungeon Magazine 109; April 2004. [ Details political connections and plot hooks between Hardby and the Bright Lands / Desert. ]

COR1-08 The Future's Bright by Creighton Broadhurst
    COR2-08 Echo by Stephen Radney-MacFarland
    COR3-01 The Hidden Fortress by Creighton Broadhurst
    COR3-13 Traitor's Road by Paul 'Woesinger' Looby
    COR5-06 Blood on Bright Sands* by Creighton Broadhurst (595 CY) (Apr05)
    COR5-09 Gateway to the Bright Sands* by Theron Martin (595 CY) (Aug05 / Origins ‘05)
    CORS5-02 Mines of Father Eye* by Creighton Broadhurst and Paul Looby (595 CY) (Aug05 / Origins)
    COR5-11 Dark Deceit on Bright Sands* by Chris Chesher (595 CY) (Aug05)
    COR5-17 Time’s Tide on Bright Sands* by James Dempsey and Bruce Paris (595 CY) (Nov05)
    COR5-20 Phantoms on the Bright Sands* by Tom Kee (595 CY) (Jan06 / GenCon SoCal ‘05)
    NYR4-01 Towers of Abbor-Alz by Troy McNemar
    URD1-02 To Save the Scouring Wind by Chris Lindsay
    URD1-07 Fools Gold by Jonathan Ingram
    URD1-11 Incident at Kiddeky Crossing by Richard Hubbard
    URD2-04 Bright Prospects by Jonathan Ingram

Blight on Bright Sands Sourcebook* (Living Greyhawk Campaign); April 2005.

Blight on Bright Sands Fastplay Characters* (Living Greyhawk Campaign); January 2006.

Mysterious Places: The Brightlands” by Creighton Broudhurst, Paul Looby, and Stuart Kerrigan; Living Greyhawk website; 10 August 2004. [ Details of The Palace of Shattados, Last Sorcerer King of Sulm and Geshtai’s Spring. ]

Mysterious Places: Castle Karistyne” by Stuart Kerrigan and Paul Looby; Living Greyhawk website; 28 June 2005.

Mysterious Places: Mines of Father Eye” by Creighton Broudhurst and Paul Looby; Living Greyhawk website; 28 June 2005.

OTHER SOURCE MATERIAL

“The Return of the Pick-axe” by Christopher McKitterick; TSR Jam 1999 (TSR 11445); 1999. [ 591 CY adventure to help Clan Highforge reclaim something of value from Azak-Zil in the Abbor Alz. ]

Reflections in Silica: Sulm and Itar” by Erik Mona.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:23 am  

See also "Ghazal" in DUNGEON® #30.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:50 am  

DMPrata wrote:
    See also "Ghazal" in DUNGEON® #30.

Don't have Du30. Can you tell me what the article title is, author, etc? What is the related material in the article? Thanks.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 pm  

ephealy wrote:
    Don't have Du30. Can you tell me what the article title is, author, etc? What is the related material in the article? Thanks.

"Ghazal" was written by David Howery. It appears in DUNGEON® #30 (July/August 1991). It concerns a Suel tribe called the Tareg living in the western half of the Bright Desert. They have recently abducted a diplomat from Hardby, and the PCs are sent in to rescue her.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:02 am  

GHAZAL, AD&D GREYHAWK adventure, 5-7 characters of levels 6-8
    Written by: David Howery
    Artwork by: David O. Miller Desert/
    Mountains, arid to temperate 9 pages
    Description: Heroes are needed to rescue prisoners from the mountaintop fortress of Ghazal.

and

Ghazal (GH; 6-8) Slavery may not be worse than death, but you might come to think so before too long.;**; Map errata in #31.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: