ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Balakarde 411
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Balakarde 411
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:46 am  
    Balakarde 411

Canoneers,

Could any of you with a recent Age of Worms Dungeon give me a brief description of Balakarde A.K.A Bucknard. I am interested in how he is treated. Also, what year is the Age of Worms set?

THX

FL

Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:09 pm  
    595 CY

SPOILERS FOLLOW
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Fairylover wrote:
    ... what year is the Age of Worms set?
    The Age of Worms campaign is assumed to begin in 595 CY. Langauge in The Whispering Cairn suggests the 595 CY date by virtue of the date Alastor Land ran away from home: 565 CY (Dungeon 124; page 36). And he was noted as being killed by "... one of the cairn's traps 30 years ago..." (Dungeon 124; page 17).

The only issue with this timeline regards Ulavant, whose zombie possesses the red lamp, but was there sixty years ago - meaning Alastor could not have opened the Face in Darkness because he could not have had the red lamp. The best solution, for inquisitive player characters, is to say that Ulavant and his Seeker band entered the cairn after Alastor - say 570 or 575 CY.

I have not read up on Balakarde/Bucknard, yet. The players I judge for are only three-fourths of the way through Encounter at Blackwall Keep. But, I have all the issues. Which issue discusses Balakarde? I can look it up.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:35 pm  

There's quite a bit of info on Balakawhatever in the "The Age of Worms Overload" pdf by Paizo that can be found on this page...Mind, it tells you what's going on for the whole campaign arc chapter/issue by chapter/issue and can ruin the adventuring for any player who reads it...
    Kwint
    GreySage

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:10 am  
    Re: Balakarde 411

Fairylover wrote:
    Also, what year is the Age of Worms set?

I suspect it's meant to be flexible enough to take place in a variety of time periods.

But it seems to be on or after the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. It depends on how the Bandit Kingdoms are portrayed in the new issue, I guess.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:45 am  
    Bandit Lands in AoW

SPOILERS......

Alhaster and Prince Zeech of Redhand feature largely in the AoW according to the Overload document. The default timeframe does seem to be about 595 CY (or at least after the LGG). I suspect there's lots of interesting GH tidbits to be gleaned from AoW - certainly a lot more than in the Shackled City (which is why I'll likely pick up any compilation of AoW that comes out).

P.
    CF Admin

Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:26 am  
    It's True Regarding Alhaster and Zeech

Woesinger wrote:
    Alhaster and Prince Zeech of Redhand feature largely in the AoW ... The default timeframe does seem to be about 595 CY (or at least after the LGG).

This is very true, regarding Alhaster and Prince Zeech. Dungeon 131 features a folding four-panel map of Alhaster and a healthy backdrop of the town in addition to the Age of Worms adventure. There is of course the usual well done Dungeon artwork depicting Zeech and other NPC personalities.

Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:40 am  
    THX

Canoneers,

THX greyhawkian braintrust--much of what I wanted is available in the super-duper Paizo "Age of Worms Overlaod" download. Check it out.

Question: Is this official Greyhawk "Canon". i.e., the fate of my beloved Bucknard has been explained by a morbid facination with icky green worms? Sob..Sniffle..Sob

FL

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:44 am  

Is AoW canon?
    Good question. Probably I'd say - though whether developments here will appear in LG is another question entirely (I think not).

P.
    GreySage

Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:57 am  
    Re: THX

Fairylover wrote:
    Question: Is this official Greyhawk "Canon". i.e., the fate of my beloved Bucknard has been explained by a morbid facination with icky green worms?

It's not a "morbid fascination" - they kept getting into his apples!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:28 am  
    Sweet!

HA!

That was sweet ragson...as in Golden Delicious sweet that is!

FL
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: