Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Play by Post Greyhawk Campaign Recruitment Request
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Play by Post Greyhawk Campaign Recruitment Request
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 am  
    Play by Post Greyhawk Campaign Recruitment Request

I’m looking for 3-6 players interested in a Play by Post game.
    The campaign will be centered in Furyondy along the border with Iuz, players will be household knights of a Baron whose loyalty to the Duke of Crystalreach is circumspect.
    My hope is to have a nice balance of political wrangling and Iuz bashing, but the game will be entirely character driven –so all my hopes could go right out the window based on characters creation, which would be fine. I’d rather run interesting characters then my own railroading any day.
    Characters are really open to just about anything you can dream up at write down. Characters are created by a 100 word narrative describing the character and his abilities. All characters will be religious and know at least a minimal amount of magic.
    We will not be using D&D, we will use the Heroquest RPG (not the old boardgame) knowledge of the rules in question is not required. I’ll explain them as we go, they are very simple and intuitive and really lend themselves to play by post.
    All that is required is being creative and the ability to write, and some Greyhawk knowledge. Mine is so-so, expect the best I can do canon wise- some straying from canon is to be expected.
    I’d like to see us post 3 times a week – more if we can, but I know it’s difficult to do sometimes. If a player goes an extended period without posting we'll npc the character as a group as necessary.
    If interested please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:06 pm  

Hi, sounds good, i'm interesterd just give me the details on my private post or e-mail me thanks
    Site Theocrat

Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:49 pm  
    Pholtus Relgious NUT!

Hi all -
    Hmm, sounds somewhat exciting.
    Although Greyhawk really does lend itself to any RPG system, RuneQuest, D&D, True20, etc, why use HQ and not D&D? Is this to stave off the I like 1-3.5e arguments?
    If this is the case, what classes are avaliable? It's been 15yrs since I played HQ, and all I remember was Izadorn my Ice Wizard making a magic missle like spell but with snowflakes, called Izadorn's Snowflake of Pain (I still have the reall 25mm Wizard mini, all painted in blue and white). I remember that it was fairly easy to make new spells, and other things.
    I'd be interested provided you give a bit more details. Such as the year. This makes a big difference. Who and why are we working for this Crystalmist dude (I'm a Palite, so I have no idea), what is the flavor - because its PbP, and dice rolling isn't typically done, how are things resolved?
    A bit more info, and a clear idea of the purpose might entice me and a few others.
    Be Well.
    Theocrat Issak

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:19 pm  

Theocrat,
    I think you are remembering the old Milton Bradley boardgame, this is the relatively new RPG (long story but the name and RPG are back in the right hands). The game is much more narrative then D&D or Runequest etc. which lends itself to online play and simplifies the mechanics. I use an online die roller and yahoo groups for online games but have been considering a move to an online playbypost forum.
    As to why you work for this guy in the Crystalreach, well that’s what household knights do. In retrun for fealty they get a place to stay, food and money and the chance to earn glory. Hopefully this leads to being married and landed at some point with knights of your own.
    I’ll put together a better synopsis of character generation and limited background.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:08 pm  

sound interesting. i'd like to try. i can get on here almost every day. i usually play as a paladin of heironeous. will that work? Confused Confused Confused Confused

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:06 pm  

funny i don't recall seeing you at any paladin reunions Wink
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:18 am  
    paladin reunions

Paladin Reunions?

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:07 pm  

oopps sorry about that, see in the campiagn i'm in all paladins attended the same training course hence when i meet a fellow paladin it's like a reunion Embarassed
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon May 01, 2006 5:20 am  

thats okay. your the first paladin i have met here in Canonfire.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: