ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - New Campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    New Campaign
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:30 am  
    New Campaign

Hi Guys!

I want to start a new Greyhawk campaign but because of life-issues I have very little free time. I'm thinking of mainly using published material, ie. old GH stuff but don't really have a good time-line for many of these products. Is there one available somewhere?

Anyone out there ever done something similar? I imagine there are several pitfalls to be wary of so I am going to set the campaign sometime before the GH Wars.

It seems irresistable since many of the older modules are so cool!

Thanks in advance!
    Happy
    Master Greytalker

Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:15 am  

Most of the classic mods are set before the Wars... (pre582 CY).

The GREYChornodex over there on the left hand side (under Special Features) is a great timeline resources for all canon references.

Have fun!

P.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:30 am  

Thanks Woesinger!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:29 pm  

I myself am a pre-GH 'Hawker. I'm running my first GH campaign in years right now, set in the Wild Coast in 575 CY.

I'd recommend getting the AD&D World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting PDF from Paizo. It's $ 4 and you can order and pay for it online, download it and be reading it on your computer in just a few minutes. Here's the url for it - http://paizo.com/store/downloads/wizardsOfTheCoast/aDAndD1/greyhawk/v5748btpy7meh

Although you could probably pick up the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer. I haven't read all of it but it has much (if not all) of the same material as the above, but geared toward a 3E campaign. Others here can clarify all that for you. If you get the above don't bother getting the World of Greyhawk Folio PDF. It's just some of the same material as in the above.

You can also get all the old modules for $ 4 each from the same website. Of course you'd have to convert them to 3E if that's the version you're playing. Still, it's easier than writing all new material.

If you decide on a certain area to set the campaign in, use the search function on this site to find material on it. There is some top-notch material on this site that will give you lots of campaign filler and ideas.

Good luck!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:03 am  

Thanks Smillan! Getting right onto it.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:21 am  

Smilian,

What i hope to do for my next campaign is to start in the early 560's or 570's and run a campaign where character's can advance over time. They will have down time that runs for years, but that will allow the development of detailed back stories and broader influence on their surroundings. They will adventure right up until the "present day," and beyond.

Thus, one could become the duke, and have time to run a fief, and then have an adventure. I should note that my characters are a story intensive crowd.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: