ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - A Question For Samwise
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    A Question For Samwise
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:19 am  
    A Question For Samwise

Hello,

I have a question for, or better ON Samwise. Is he the one Sam Weiss who wrote the Vecna article for the recent *Dragon*.
    - For we fellow Ravenloftlers from the FoS would have some questions for him then. :)

Please, check here:

Dragon #348: Who rules Cavitius now?

Would be very cool if you could help us out!

Yours,

Rafael

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:55 am  

Yes I am.
    I'll mosey on over.
    . . .
    OK, maybe I won't. My email address is banned?

Anyway, to answer the question:

First, yes I meant Ravenloft. This directly refers to the situation described in Vecna Reborn to the start of Die Vecna Die. I didn't use the term "Ravenloft," or "Planescape" for that matter, because it is "Core" Beliefs, and I figured I'd save my editor the effort of rephrasing them. Wink

As for who rules there now, I never considered it. I felt it was a relevant part of the history, but as it happens, the heavy "necropolis" feel doesn't work with several elements of the 3.5 rules (specifically, Vecna doesn't give access to the Death domain, which among other things is required for the True Necromancer prestige class). So I didn't dwell on that part, and just expected the domain to collapse after Vecna escaped.
    So if you want to know who rules there now, you'll need to ask Sean Reynolds or the editor, as I don't have any preference.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:09 am  

Hi Sam,

No idea why they don't let you in... Sad

Anyway, thank you for the answer. Your article has provoked a big discussion about possible fan-made efforts concerning Cavitius and Tovag. (Very nice, especially since I always liked the Burning Peaks.)
    - As to the necropolis feel, you're right, and it seems like people are reconsidering the whole structure of the domain right now. - A war between undead hordes and a possible new human darklord could be an interesting point to take off, for example...

In any case, a great article you present here, Samwise! Congratulations!
    Smile
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: