JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Publishing Campaigns
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Publishing Campaigns
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:12 am  
    Publishing Campaigns

Let's ask this again, because the last thread I started got hijacked.

Has anyone every posted a complete campaign here on Canonfire? I see lots of references to homebrew GH campaigns but has anyone written one up, and put it out there for the community? I only ask this because I have a campaign written up centering on Istivin, utilizing the 3 adventures from Dungeon magazine. It starts characters at first level, and takes them to 20th. If there is section of Canonfire reserved for this please let me know and I'll arrange to submit the campaign. Of course I have no idea if this will infringe on any copyrights, or some other laws. If it does, just tell me, and I'll shut up and go back to lurking. Embarassed
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:16 pm  

Hey, I tried to steer it back! Happy

To reitereate, I wrote:

Quote:
    I've never noticed any compilations of people's WoG campaigns. Myself, I've run too many to count! I've used modules, Dungeon ma adventures and my own material (including not a few "seat-of-the-pants" nights!). There was the Temple of Elemental Evil (the classic megamodule), Raiders of Raitk (the first 6 3E modules put out by WotC), Greyhawk: Road to Ruin (various material, all pre-war WoG), Knights of the Sheldomar Valley (pre-war through post-war Keoland, Sterich and Geoff), Pawns of the Dragon Kings (along the Wild Coast the PCs were used by great dragons as proxies), and Fool's Crusade (the King of Furyondy sent the PCs to free Admundfort and then kill Iuz) That's all I can remember.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:48 pm  

This sounds like a great idea. No one has ever done it to my knowledge. I've toyed with the idea of submitting the intro module to my latest GH campaign. Just make sure to break it up into more palatable chunks (most of us do have short attention spans) and keep the subject identification consistent. Good luck and I look forward to seeing it.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:33 am  

gargoyle wrote:
    Hey, I tried to steer it back! Happy

And I do appreciate the effort!! Happy Exclamation
    Master Greytalker

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:02 am  

I like the idea of campaigns being published here. The Dungeon Adventure Paths were great, but too long for my groups. Our sessions never seemed to go as fast (or maybe as long) as theirs did.

I like liked the Campaign Arcs better. Maybe that would be good for CF!

Posting of your series from 1st to 5th for example.
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:05 pm  

Would folks like to see the overall gist of the campaign, or full-blown adventures?

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:36 pm  

You could submit one as an article, get it fully written up and post it. Beyond that, a folder strictly for campaigns wouldn't be amiss, but I think it would end up hijacked quite a bit.

Just my thoughts
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:58 pm  
    Campaign contents

I could write it up as an article, but alot of this campaign is PDF files, hand drawn maps, etc. I like you guys, but there is waaayyyyyyyy to much typing involved for that.
    SO, here's the offer, anyone wants a copy, PM and we can work out an arrangement where I can send you a copy on CD. Because unless you have DSL or a T3 line, it would take forever to email this beast. The files are just over 80 megs Shocked I think, and even then it takes a while.
    Master Greytalker

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:12 am  

We ran a campaign by email for a while and uploaded it onto the net. Unfortunately, time pressures meant the email side of it have fallen by the waysid so we play twice a year and I try to write up what happened. It just means the latter stuff has less character as it's all coming from one person. The campaign is ongoing.

http://www.postnuke.elminster.com/index.php?name=Sections

Unfortunately the site developed an IT glitch so the story so far isn't really readable until this is fixed.

I think campaign write ups ar great fun. They help to inspire other players and mean that DMs can introduce interesting npcs from other campaigns.

In our email campaign versions of Lareth (ToEE), Blackthorn (Slavers Stockade?) and Black Jay (ToEE) play key roles. We try to name drop as often as we can and some of the characters are even named after Citadel Miniatures original adventurer boxed set.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:26 am  
    WTF?

What is it? Do I have a sign on my sig that says, "Hijack my thread, Please!"? Confused
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 pm  

Not to sound rude, but... um... get over it. It happens, unfortunately. And, how was it hijacked?

Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:42 pm  
    Re: WTF?

Temmogen wrote:
    What is it? Do I have a sign on my sig that says, "Hijack my thread, Please!"? Confused

Lol - no I get it now - it's like on that episode of the West Wing! When asked the question, "Do you have the time?" CJ answers "12.30" (or some such). In fact she was giving too much information and was straying from the original question. The answer she should have given was, "Yes."

So the correct answer (for me) to your original question is, "No."

Presumably you are only looking to discuss material on completed campaigns to upload onto Canonfire and are not looking for information on campaigns in general. Both my campaigns are ongoing and have been for over a decade.

It might help if you post a reply to clarify what you don't want to narrow the field of answers instead of getting bogged down in a series of responses about what defines hijacking a thread! It's always a bad idea to post anything that could be construed as critical or sarcastic on these boards as they can rapidly deteriorate (so lose the WTF headline - lol).

Aternatively, if you don't want to get into a discussion, just post a message asking people to pm you with their completed campaign information. If nobody is discussing your thread it will quickly disappear but you can periodically post replies yourself to 'bump' your thread back onto the recent message boards.

However, at the end of the day these are discussion forums. People will tend to discuss on them and the discussions often stray. There isn't much you can do about that. Apologies for straying! Embarassed
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: