Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Convergence of Planes?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Convergence of Planes?
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:30 pm  
    Convergence of Planes?

I have been researching information for my latest GH campaign regarding Tharizdun and all of his wonderfulness.

I was at a game shop here in KC and got on the topic, and two things came at me from people there, both having claimed to play DnD for decades.

The first is that there are a series of 12 adventures or something similar referring to a planar convergence surrounding the prison of Tharizdun, and that the ultimate result was the creation of the demi-plane of Dread, Ravenloft.

The second, a compliment to the first, was the notion that Ravenloft is simply the waking nightmare of Tharizdun.

I have been unable to find any information of any of this on the internet. I have every single module ever released to reference, and nothing about this springs out at me.

Can anyone elaborate on this? One of these two says he used to be an avid Greytalker back on the BBS days.
    GreySage

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:07 pm  

It sounds like they're thinking of the Grand Conjunction in the Ravenloft campaign, a lengthy plot that began with Feast of Goblyns and continued with Ship of Horror, Touch of Death, and Night of the Walking Dead, and concluded with From the Shadows and Roots of Evil.

The first four adventures contained some of the six "signs" that occur according to prophecy, and the Grand Conjunction involved all the Ravenloft domains merging with the worlds that they originally came from so their lords could go free.

Tharizdun wasn't a part of those modules, but maybe he was in whatever campaign the people you were talking to played in. Officially, the machinations of Azalin, Strahd, and the arcanaloth Inajira are thwarted, but the Ravenloft lands are rearranged somewhat by the Conjunction.

I'm sure there's no official connection between Tharizdun and Ravenloft, but if Ravenloft was the dream of Tharizdun (as has been speculated by some fans), you'd expect the Grand Conjunction to involve him in some way. Sounds like it was an interesting campaign.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:28 pm  

Yes, you are right. This is what I was trying to find out, thank you.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: