Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - gnomes, kron hills and adventure!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    gnomes, kron hills and adventure!
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:34 pm  
    gnomes, kron hills and adventure!

today i tried to "guide" my players to hommlet, but they insit about going to greyhawk.

now,we are in kron hills, and i read thta theres a lot of gnomes living there.
    the question is: where? theres cities on the hills? they do a subterranean dwarf like city?

the gnomes around there helped to fight against the Temple, right? any idea of adventure seting in kron hills? maybe linking to hommlet?
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:16 pm  

A trick I have learned from years of DMing is that no matter where your pc's are headed, they always wind up where you want them to be. If that means having them get rolled up by slavers in their sleep only to escape within a short walk of Hommlet, that is what it takes.

Additionally, the beauty of Greyhawk is that you are expected to change the world to suit your demands. If they wanna walk to Greyhawk, just put Hommlet between them and have them fight an umberhulk or something that exhausts resources and have them too afraid to camp out at night.

Or just make it rain rot grubs and they desperately need to find shelter.

Greyhawk is full of bad things for healthy people.
    GreySage

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:06 pm  

Haha, you could always go the route: "Greyhawk? You don't know what that is. There's a hamlet nearby, though. Maybe that's Greyhawk!"

One gnome community in the Kron Hills is named in Die, Vecna, Die!. Gnomes typically live in cave networks and homes that are made to blend in with the environment a lot better than dwarf halls do; something like if elves built in shallow caves instead of trees.

There's more information in the wiki article.

There are towns in the hills, named in Die, Vecna, Die! and Return to the Tomb of Horrors. I'm sure there are gnomes in some of them, but it's not clear how many.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:36 pm  

rasgon wrote:
    Haha, you could always go the route: "Greyhawk? You don't know what that is. There's a hamlet nearby, though. Maybe that's Greyhawk!"

One gnome community in the Kron Hills is named in Die, Vecna, Die!. Gnomes typically live in cave networks and homes that are made to blend in with the environment a lot better than dwarf halls do; something like if elves built in shallow caves instead of trees.

There's more information in the wiki article.

There are towns in the hills, named in Die, Vecna, Die! and Return to the Tomb of Horrors. I'm sure there are gnomes in some of them, but it's not clear how many.

But you know, he just won't. (Vecna die, that is).
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:00 pm  

There's a nice regional map of Verbobonc at the Verbobonc triad website - http://verbobonc.net/ . It shows locations in the Kron Hills. You have to register with the site to get to the downloads section where you can find the map but it only takes a minute. There are some other downloads that might prove useful.

If the party is going to Greyhawk it should be easy enough to have them pass through Hommlet since it's pretty much on the way there from the Kron Hills. Once you've got them there just use your powers as the DM to get them to stay for awhile. Wash out a bridge. Marauding monsters on the road. Whatever. Smile
    GreySage

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 am  

chaoticprime wrote:
    But you know, he just won't. (Vecna die, that is).

Haha, I know.

I meant to say Vecna Lives!, though. Stupid Vecna modules, confusing me with their similar yet antithetical titles.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: