JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Work for WOTC: DDI Job Opportunity
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Work for WOTC: DDI Job Opportunity
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:58 am  
    Work for WOTC: DDI Job Opportunity

Just thought I'd share this wonderful WOTC opportunity with everyone. The add is possibly filled but still interesting reading. I find it a bit odd that you apparently don't need any experience with the D&D product line.

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/job-J7T4E9KKRTL-l-Renton-WA-c-Arts_Entertainment_Publishing;_ylt=Asw9gLVmJM6_7vq4zYAVOaixQ6IXhtt

Or try this link...

http://hasbro.recruitmax.com/MAIN/careerportal/job_list.cfm?szSearchType=Advanced&szCategory=21

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 am  
    Re: Work for WOTC: DDI Job Opportunity

EileenProphetofIstus wrote:
    I find it a bit odd that you apparently don't need any experience with the D&D product line.

Surely you don't find it that odd...
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:13 am  

In their defense on this one its a pretty smart move. Finding a designer who understands the game might be difficult. Finding a designer who can be TAUGHT the game is not as hard. If they can understand systems enough to do their job, then learning whatever mechanics there are is pretty simple. And as for roleplaying, I've found that anyone in the IT field can at least wrap their head around the concept, even if they never have. Of course I'll admit most of my experience is limited in that respect.

And besides, on a more cynical note, its easier to make them like only the new backstory if they don't know the old one :)
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 am  

You're right, of course. I just couldn't resist the opportunity for another dig at their expense.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:22 am  

MikelAmroni
    Quote:
    Finding a designer who understands the game might be difficult. Finding a designer who can be TAUGHT the game is not as hard. If they can understand systems enough to do their job, then learning whatever mechanics there are is pretty simple. And as for roleplaying, I've found that anyone in the IT field can at least wrap their head around the concept, even if they never have. Of course I'll admit most of my experience is limited in that respect.

I do agree with you as well. Your points make sense.

The question to me is....are things not going as well as WOTC liked and so they are trying to bring in some professionals from the field? Did they have staff difficulties and this have a vacency? Could be anything. It seems to me (and I know very little about running a business or website) that WOTC would have had the employees lined up before venturing off to slay the dragon in the dugeon and moving on to greater levels so to speak.

What do you folks think?

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:52 am  

Presumably the new guy/girl would be working on the "online enhancements" side of things rather than being a part of the 4e design team. Having little or no experience of tabletop rpg's would probably be a bonus, as Mikel says. The less baggage the better from Wotc's point of view. Still, I wonder if this isn't a great opportunity to plant an insider who secretly works for us. Know any top notch computer geeks who can be twisted and manipulated to serve our devious needs?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 pm  

Ragr wrote:
    Presumably the new guy/girl would be working on the "online enhancements" side of things rather than being a part of the 4e design team. Having little or no experience of tabletop rpg's would probably be a bonus, as Mikel says. The less baggage the better from Wotc's point of view. Still, I wonder if this isn't a great opportunity to plant an insider who secretly works for us. Know any top notch computer geeks who can be twisted and manipulated to serve our devious needs?

-Just in case it hasn't been filled. Evil Grin
    GreySage

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm  

Ragr wrote:
    I wonder if this isn't a great opportunity to plant an insider who secretly works for us.

We'll put this on our Greyhawk wish list. Wink

Yet another person controlling the game -- albeit in a minor way -- who doesn't have a love for Greyhawk. Evil

Hasbro has left WOG behind and us with it. Cry

We're on our own and probably better off for it! Evil Grin

Sorry, same ole' rant. Cool
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: