JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The contributions of Cook, Sargent and Ward
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The contributions of Cook, Sargent and Ward
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:09 pm  
    The contributions of Cook, Sargent and Ward

I've been wondering about a couple of things.

First, whose brainchild was the Greyhawk Wars? Sargent bookended the event with WGS1 and FtA but David Cook is obviously credited in the Wars material.

Second, who wrote what in the GH Adventures hardback? Besides Jim Ward, there are seven other designers credited. Ignoring the second appendix (the spell list) there are eight sections in the book. Hmm...If my calculations are correct, that leaves one chapter for each author. Anyone know the breakdown?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:42 pm  
    Re: The contributions of Cook, Sargent and Ward

vestcoat wrote:
    I've been wondering about a couple of things.

First, whose brainchild was the Greyhawk Wars? Sargent bookended the event with WGS1 and FtA but David Cook is obviously credited in the Wars material.

The answer is - Jeff Grubb. He never produced a GH product but was a TSR designer back in the 80-90's. Internally, when TSR decided to "revamp" GH, ideas were tossed around. Jeff Grubb is the man who said - "Blow it up!" From this arorn, the undead treant that was FtA was born (Sorry, old wounds and all that. I'm much better now, thanks for asking. Laughing ). This information was, as I've read, revealed at a Gencon seminar back in the 90's and duely reported on the then AOL GH forums (which have been variously and not so conveniently archieved here and there on the web for us late bloomers).
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: