JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Rockburgh in the Tors
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Rockburgh in the Tors
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:37 am  
    Rockburgh in the Tors

Apparently the town of Rockburgh featured in WG09 - Gargoyles. My brother has this in his loft (i.e. his attic) but I wondered if anybody could remember if there was any real information on the town in the module. I'm setting an adventure in the area in a fortnight and wanted as much info as I could find. The LG Yeomanry has loads of useful info but skipped that town as it was not one of their own making. Can anybody save me trawling through the loft?
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:01 pm  

There's a map of the Village of Rockburgh-on-the-Marsh, a slightly larger blown up map showing the village's location and the surrounding area(8" x10" page; scale: 1" = 1 mile), descriptions of a few key village locations and NPCs, and a brief intro as to why it is located where it is.

You might want to dig it out if you plan on using it as a time saver(just ignore the "gargoyle" stuff). Laughing

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:24 pm  

You might also want to think of something to replace the icecream shop. Laughing

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:47 am  

Wolfsire wrote:
    You might also want to think of something to replace the icecream shop. Laughing

And change the name of everyone in town. Smile
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:22 am  

Even peasants need ice cream dammit! Ok so it will need a bit of work. I'll dig it out for the maps and tweak the names. Usually changing a couple of letters here and there is enough, although I'm a fan of Freddie McKreuger - that impulsive little scamp.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:53 am  

Yikes - You were right about the npc names and if I'm honest... I don't think a village should have a mage's guild, let alone an ice cream parlour. Still it has some useful maps, locations, and if I turn the dodgy gargoyles into standard gargoyles, and change the formal treaty to leaving offerings at the entrance to Gargoyle Valley, I can live with it.

I also discovered that a lot of the other entries on the LG Yeomanry map are from Night Below. I don't have that adventure but I've been able to scrap together some information from the net.

Interestingly, Parlfray Keep and Kendall Keep (Return to the Keep on the Borderlands) are in exactly the same place if you follow the placement recommendation of the latter from Oerth Journal. I will stick with Kendall Keep as a template because I have that module and just change the names of the npcs. The location is reasonably accurate of you flip the map from the module 90 degrees so that the river is to the east.

From what I can tell, neither write up is 100% since they're written out using the assumption of a feudal society, with Counts and Lords, whereas Yeomanry is a democracy.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: