JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Looking for some Living Greyhawk modules
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Looking for some Living Greyhawk modules
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:28 pm  
    Looking for some Living Greyhawk modules

Anyone out there with the Living Greyhawk modules concerning the Isle of Woe? I believe that it was called the "Ether Threat Series", with
    Isle of Woe CORS2-02
    Echo CORS2-08
    Escape from Tenh CORS2-11
    Into the Dying Lands CORS2-13
    Return to the Isles CORS3-02
    Sepulchre of the Wizard King COR3-10

I am looking for some background and some maps of the Isles of Woe, any information from these items would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Master Greytalker

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:31 pm  
    Living Greyhawk Mods "Ether Threat"

Lord Percard -
    I would like to mention that in the series that you mentioned, only the first one is a "Core Special". You may have had a difficult time finding them because you are noting most of them them as "CORS" rather than "COR". In my collection, I have the same numbers as you, but they are all listed as "Core".
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:38 am  

Yes, you are correct. Only the first one is suppose to be CORS the rest are suppose to be COR. Thanks, I appreciate that.
    Site Theocrat

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 am  

Hi all -
    While I applaud your desire to continue LG and its modules - even if it is for a home game, Mr. Holain frowns upon such discussions for "pirated" copies. Although I'm not sure that you ask that directly, your title of the forum post does seem to suggest that much.
    If that isn't your intention, and you're only looking for "home made" maps and a possible "home game" aspect to the background and such, then please make sure you state that clearly.
    Esp. in light of the WotC vs PDF debate that is brewing. If you are indeed looking for the modules themselves, please use proper or private channels for such.
    Be Well. Be Well PDF'd.
    Theocrat Issak

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am  

TheocratIssak - that was exactly my point and the reason I phrased it that way. I am unfamiliar with the LG stuff and I wasn't sure how it was presented during the playing of LG. I did not know if these "modules" were offered online as a free download or purchased somehow. I do not want to violate any copyright laws and am not asking anyone to publish them here. Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

I am looking for some background material for an adventure that I am creating for my own campaign. I ran across the Isle of Woe doing some research (it is mentioned in the Oerth Journal) and because of it's suggested location based on what I read, thought to include it in my current campaign. My players are in Castle Greyhawk and about to discover the Oerth Stone. I thought that perhaps in their fumblings that they could use the stone to raise the Isle of Woe and create a "new" area of adventure. They are of fairly high level and I thought that I could use the Isle as a high level adventure area.

I am looking for some perhaps vague ideas about the original inhabitants and perhaps some current. The Oerth Journal states that it was ruled by a Wizard King, I believe, and that a powerful dragon resides there and the perimeter is patrolled by a trio of white dragons. Sounds like a high level adventuring location to me. I am interested in any background that the modules may provide.

Funny thing is, I don't even know what the modules contain...
    Perhaps this post will generate some discussion by some of the people out there that played these modules and they can educate me on the Isle of Woe.

Thanks
    Master Greytalker

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 am  
    Free Distribution of LG

Theocrat -
    While I appluad your interest in defending Mr. Holian's interests, especially in light of the fiasco that is currently brewing concerning WoTC PDFs, there is nothing "pirated" about LG Mods. They were freely distributed by the RPGA and its authors, and there has been no notice, nor indication that the modules are not to be distributed. There are no copyrights beng infringed upon.

I do not, however, intend o turn this into a debate on the validity of which PDFs can be disseminated or by whom. I understand that you are merely being cautious, and issuing a warning, presumably for the protection of our community ... which is why the further discussion of it was suggested in my post to be conducted "off-thread". And prior to your post, had already proceeded as such. No harm, no foul.

Thank you for your concern, and at the risk of reiteration:
    Be Well. Be well PDF'd.

Icarus
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 pm  
    Re: Free Distribution of LG

Um Icarus,

All Core mods were purchased by WotC so they are the property of WotC. This also includes all year 1 and 2 mods. After that all non-core mods are property of their writers. So, yes there are restrictions on the use of the LG material. There is copyright info in the mods.

~~Saracenus
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:41 pm  

...and so we'll leave it at at that, seeing as all of the pertinent(and legal) information regarding CORE PDFs owned by WotC have been presented.

Thread closed.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: