Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - GH in other languages: OJ translated?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    GH in other languages: OJ translated?
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:01 am  
    GH in other languages: OJ translated?

here in brazil, we just got the FR setting and Ravenloft's Domain of Dread, both for 2ed. theres a few 3ed books, but no gazeteers or any GH related material, beside some Spellfire cards (:P).
    thinking on that, i wonder if its ok if i translated some OJ material and posted it in my blog.

sure, it would be better if all the OJ were translated and get a website of their own, so anyone here in brazil could read this amazing work.

i created a topic asking if i could translate some of the OJ material to portuguese, giving all credit to the original writer and linking to the OJ site, but had no answers, just 9 views in this entire week.

so, sorry for posting here, and if the moderator move it, i will understand.

should i ask the writer directly? or a member of the OJ could give me permission?

anyone from other countries having trouble with material in their own language?
    GreySage

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:48 am  

You should probably ask Gary Holian directly. He's on Greychat (Greytalk) every Thursday night and occasionally at other times too. And Theocrat Issak may know the answer, you'll have to PM him. Happy

I'm surprised Cebrion hasn't posted to your query yet, he may know. Or maybe e-mail the editor directly. Cool

Oh, Gary is PSemdger and GLH_PSE on the chat. Wink

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 pm  

Rossik my friend! Happy

I've just been chatting with Gary Holian and Icarus over on Greytalk. It seems that the IP rights for each article are owned by the author of the article. That's a lot of needed permission.

Gary offered the opinion that you should just try your translation and worry about getting permission later. He felt that as long as you were giving proper credit, there shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, you may want to check further. That's your decision to make. Wink

Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:32 am  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    Rossik my friend! Happy

I've just been chatting with Gary Holian and Icarus over on Greytalk. It seems that the IP rights for each article are owned by the author of the article. That's a lot of needed permission.

Gary offered the opinion that you should just try your translation and worry about getting permission later. He felt that as long as you were giving proper credit, there shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, you may want to check further. That's your decision to make. Wink

thanks a lot, friend!
    i shall vote on you for moderation, if a spot opens :D

and if you are not already one, like a secret member of the Circle! Cool
    GreySage

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm  

Rossik my friend, good news. Happy

I spoke with Rick Miller -- a.k.a. Duicarthan -- this morning. He's the Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal. Rick told me to tell you that you are more than welcome to translate the Oerth Journal into Portuguese. Cool

In fact, he said that he would be happy to help you post the Portuguese translation if you wanted to. Shocked

Doesn't get any better than that my friend, enjoy! Wink

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 am  

Mystic-Scholar wrote:
    Rossik my friend, good news. Happy

I spoke with Rick Miller -- a.k.a. Duicarthan -- this morning. He's the Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal. Rick told me to tell you that you are more than welcome to translate the Oerth Journal into Portuguese. Cool

In fact, he said that he would be happy to help you post the Portuguese translation if you wanted to. Shocked

Doesn't get any better than that my friend, enjoy! Wink

indeed, good friend!
    thanks for your help!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: