ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Linking Saltmarsh & Slave Lords series
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Linking Saltmarsh & Slave Lords series
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:49 pm  
    Linking Saltmarsh & Slave Lords series

Hey all,

Been a while since I was on these boards. At the moment, I'm reading through the good old U and A module series, and I was thinking It would be quite cool to link them together in a big ol' campaign. Seaside towns, pirates, slavery and stuff...

Question - has anybody ever done something like that? And what were your story bridges? Were the pirates in U1 linked to the slave lords? Any relation between the Sahuagins and the same slave lords?

Your ideas welcome!
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:49 am  

I read an article by Iquander titled Starting In Saltmarsh. It referenced a way to tie U1-3 and A1-4. It was a good read. I can not remember where I found the article. Maybe someone else can help with the link. It may have been in the AOL Best of Greyhawk literature.

I am currently waiting for a group to get together and I plan on running U1-3 and then A1-4. Unfortunately, it may be some time before we can get the group going.

It should be a pretty easy step getting the Saltmarsh story into the Slavers story (flavored to your own campaign of course).
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:12 am  

mheaton118 wrote:
    I read an article by Iquander titled Starting In Saltmarsh. It referenced a way to tie U1-3 and A1-4. It was a good read. I can not remember where I found the article. Maybe someone else can help with the link. It may have been in the AOL Best of Greyhawk literature.

It's in the Best of Greyhawk 5 collection, available in the downloads section of this very site Smile
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:56 am  

Oh most excellent, I have downloaded that document a while ago and never actually read it, I will do so today! :)

Thanks for the pointers guys!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:02 pm  

Could this be the origin of the material on Seaton getting sacked, which shows up in the Saltmarsh profile in the 3e DMG 2? Regardless, this is a nice article that I missed before. Thanks for pointing it out! Smile
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 pm  

IIRC, the Saltmarsh material in DMG2 pretty much does link the Slavers to the pirates from U1.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 pm  

And if you don't have too obvious a link, the Hold of the Sea Princes is a slave-trading nation, and no doubt they do business with the Slavers of the Wild Coast. So, just have the PCs link up to the Wild Coast through the Hold of the Sea princes. If you plan to run things "Scourge of the Slave Lords" style, just have the PCs sign on as guards for a merchant ship, and that is your "in" (i.e. enter "The Ghoul", stage right...er...starboard). Easy peasy. Wink

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:51 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    And if you don't have too obvious a link, the Hold of the Sea Princes is a slave-trading nation, and no doubt they do business with the Slavers of the Wild Coast. So, just have the PCs link up to the Wild Coast through the Hold of the Sea princes. If you plan to run things "Scourge of the Slave Lords" style, just have the PCs sign on as guards for a merchant ship, and that is your "in" (i.e. enter "The Ghoul", stage right...er...starboard). Easy peasy. Wink

-I used Treasure Hunt (N4) to link the Pomarj slave trade to certain slaveowners in the Sea Princes. FWIW.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: