JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Gran March
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Gran March
    Master Greytalker

Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:01 pm  
    Gran March

I have been running a Gran March Campaign for four years now. I started as a rainy day game, one with little future. We chose Gran March because we were under that triad.

I have since become fond of Gran March, of Farvale in particular. However, I do not get the impression that many people adventure in this area. Is anyone else using this nation? I have noticed an unusually high number of Dungeon Adventures in the area.

Thoughts?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:53 pm  

I have created a campaign that starts in Gran March. I like idea of the subtle tension that exists between the exiles of Geoff, the Leaders of Gran March and the Watch especially around the round issue of the Town of Hochhoch. I wrote about a place near Hookhill for the mysterious places competition called The Rencontre Inn. I have also done a rough map of Hookhill and outlined some of it laws, important buildings and social groups such as Guilds, all fairly rough right how. I think of Gran march as a budding power in Flanaess, which I think can make for an interesting story line.

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:00 am  

I agree, and would love to see some of the work if it is electronic format (or even if it is not, but that is more work on you). If you do not mind sharing, please let me know.
    CF Admin

Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:08 am  

Here's the contest entries, of which the Recontre Inn is his (as he had said)

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=2
    Master Greytalker

Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:40 am  

Thanks
    Master Greytalker

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:33 am  

I may be slow, but I have been unable to find the Recontre Inn article anywhere. Abysslin, think you could help out on this?
    CF Admin

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:37 am  

I suggest going to you "Login/Your Account" page, click on "Your Home," and set "News Number in Home" to 100.

This will still limit the homepage to 20 articles, but now on the topics pages, when you enter a specific topic, you will be able to view the topic's entire range of articles.

Believe me, you are missing out on some quality content otherwise.

Then, return to the link above and you will see all 18 of the Postfest entries, whereas now, you are probably only seeing 10.

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:41 pm  
    How about N1?

One module you may consider to having a Hookhill connection is N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God. The module starts the party from Hochoch, but you could adapt it pretty easily to start from Hookhill. The cult is also described as wanted to start a chapter in that city, so such a change is not totally out of place.

O-D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:46 pm  

This is a great first level dungeon and I have DMed it in first and 3rd editions. I started the players out of Hookhill in fact the second time I played. It is definitely worth a look.

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:22 am  
    Ivor

Ivor, I finally got around to reading Recontre Inn, good stuff. Haven't heard from you in a while. You still hanging around?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: