ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Dungeon and Dragon Magazine
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Dungeon and Dragon Magazine
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:30 pm  
    Dungeon and Dragon Magazine

Hello there!

I'm new to the world of Greyhawk and I have to say it's the most interesting RPG setting I've ever seen in my more than 10 years of dice-rolling!

Well, let's cut to the chase. I'm a brazilian player and for me it's kinda hard and expensive to buy the Dungeon and Dragon magazines monthly, but I want more material for my Living Greyhawk campaign.

What articles you guys think are the most important/interesting to improve my campaign? And in which edition are they, so I can get them separatedly?

For example, I found the Greyhawk regional feats very interesting (Dragon 315, 319).

Thanks and keep up with the good work! Happy
    Master Greytalker

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:37 pm  
    Beginning

From my perspective, the first thing to do is go to SVG games and download as many of the original modules as you can afford. Try and stick with the Compilations as opposed to indavidual modules. Queen of Spiders would be a must, but anything else that strikes your fancy.

Which region/country are you running?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:42 pm  

Well, my campaing is currently at the Sea Princes region, but the group is travelling to the Hell Furnaces to find a Crystal Dragon and persuade him to give them a scale so they can make a mirror to destroy a Scarlet Brotherhood's Blackguard. After the Hell Furnaces they are going to the Armedio Jungle (I already have the Scarlet Brotherhood module).

Smile
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:40 pm  

There´s a nice article on the amedio by roger moore (or was it erik mona) in the some oerth journal. Definately check them out...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:37 am  

Yes, I'm aware of the Oerth's Journal. They are excellent. But I'd like to know about the magazines, since the books are easier to tell which I want and the journals are for free. :)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:00 am  
    Re: Dungeon and Dragon Magazine

Fabiano_Skywalker wrote:
    Hello there!

I'm new to the world of Greyhawk and I have to say it's the most interesting RPG setting I've ever seen in my more than 10 years of dice-rolling!

Well, let's cut to the chase. I'm a brazilian player and for me it's kinda hard and expensive to buy the Dungeon and Dragon magazines monthly, but I want more material for my Living Greyhawk campaign.

What articles you guys think are the most important/interesting to improve my campaign? And in which edition are they, so I can get them separatedly?

For example, I found the Greyhawk regional feats very interesting (Dragon 315, 319).

Thanks and keep up with the good work! Happy

I thought about it for a minute, and couldn't think of a single setting-specific Drag Mag article to recommend that is "Greyhawk".

There are, on the other hand, a lot of good articles that are theme-based tha could fit into any setting. For example, once yearly there seems to inevitably be a Pirates/Swashbuckler's themed issue. Every June there is a good issue on Dragons, which usually has one article that I would recommend. And so on.

As your campaign is, well, your campaign, I'm afraid that's about as helpful as I can be. I'm not even sure how you have access to the magazines in Brazil beside mail order or pdf file sharing, but if it is a typical gaming store arrangement with issues right there on the shelves, just flip through the issues they have and see for yourself!!

Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:30 am  

Check out this thread for a WIP index of all Greyhawk material in periodicals:
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=589&sid=cc1ac43a7bd220e78d75fcde3fea3327

On the thread there are lots of links to other indexes. Esp check out Jay Hafner`s awesome complete Dungeon blurp index.

...or check out the still unfinished endproduct directly here:
    http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~dyck/GHList.html
    (not yet completely formatted)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:02 pm  

Nice map and mods in the Jan 2005 issue ... hooray!
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: