Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Iconic Modules Are...
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Iconic Modules Are...
    CF Admin

Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:33 pm  
    Iconic Modules Are...

WotC's published eight adventures in 2000 and 2001. Some call them the Iconic modules because they feature art portraying WotC's Iconic characters - Reqdar, Ember, Tordek, Lidda, etc...

A lot of Greyhawkers have used the Iconic Adventures in their campaigns. I have seen many use the first two as preludes to their Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil runs. A DM at Monte Cook's Web site asked what are the eight original v.3.0 adventures. So, I am sharing the answer with you guys, as well as Cook's fans. Just in case a Greyhawker wants a list too, for his or her use.

1. The Sunless Citadel 1st Level - Bruce R. Cordell
    2. The Forge of Fury 2nd Level - Bruce Baker
    3. The Speaker in Dreams 5th Level - James Wyatt
    4. The Standing Stone 7th Level - John D. Rateliff
    5. Heart of Nightfang Spire 10th Level - Bruce R. Cordell
    6. Deep Horizon 13th Level - Skip Williams
    7. Lord of the Iron Fortress 15th Level - Andy Collins
    8. Bastion of Broken Souls 18th Level - Bruce R. Cordell

Enjoy! :)

Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:51 am  

Thanks Greyson! That list will come in handy. I have the first two modules, and am going to buy the others when I get the money. Smile
    -wn

Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:29 pm  
    Placing the WOTC Adventure Path (Iconic) Modules in Greyhawk

Hi,

As a newbie to this froum, please forgive me if this is a common question. I would like to place the WOTC Adventure Path Modules (Sunless Citadel, Standing Stone, etc.) within the Greyhawk campaign geography, and I understand from an interview with John Rateliff that there are clues within the modules so that they may be placed in the Greyhawk background.

Quote:

Wizards: The names and sites in The Standing Stone seem pretty familiar.

John: That’s because the story is set in Greyhawk, as are all of our core adventures. But, like the rest of our adventures, it’s entirely portable to any world. I love Greyhawk, but I run my own campaign and this is what I do: I ask, "Where does this fit into my world?" A lot of people do this, and it works well.

Wizards: So, if I have the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer will I be able to find out more about the area described in The Standing Stone?

John: The adventure doesn't actually mention where in Greyhawk it's set. This tale focuses on an area that’s defined to a lesser extent -- a bit of Greyhawk history akin to the tales of King Arthur. I worked very hard to make it fit in with the established setting, actually revealing some previously hidden bits of Greyhawk history in the process, but also wanted it to fit smoothly into any DM's home campaign. So the Greyhawk bits are hidden. If you know Greyhawk history, you'll see where it fits in; if you don't, you'll just work it into your own setting.

Can anybody tell me what these elements are? Does anybody have an idea where the rest of the modules in the sequence would be located in Greyhawk?

JavaApp
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm  

the only element of greyhawk in the standing stone is the mention of the Lendore Islands in one of the adventure hooks.

personaly I would set it in Axewood, Welkwood, or the Vesve forest (near the Furyondy border).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: