ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Looking for a capable editor in chief
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Looking for a capable editor in chief
    Oerth Journal Staff

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:51 pm  
    Looking for a capable editor in chief

Hi Everyone,
    I hope you are enjoying the OJ16 issue. There some excellent articles written by some very capable individuals. I'm sure as many of you have noticed the OJ has chugged along at a slow rate. Much of this had to do with my very limited time due to a growing family and long work commitments. I was very happy to get this issue out but I don't think it would be fair to the OJ to carry on in the main leadership position. I just don't have the free time I used and I haven't been in an active campaign in almost three years, so at this point I'm a bit tapped out. If you are interested in taking this lead please email me(aseale1999@adelphia.net) and let me know.
    Andy Seale
    aka Fallon
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:08 pm  

Everyone suddenly gets very quiet....

Wink
    Nell.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:05 am  

The present Editor In-Chief together with his assistant and MTG should go ask qualified individuals to undertake the responsibility. Then these individuals should accept the offer or not.

First of all, I believe the OJ Editor In-Chief position/job description should be announced, together with other vacant OJ editorial positions.

Regards,

tz
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:55 am  

Tzelios wrote:
    The present Editor In-Chief together with his assistant and MTG should go ask qualified individuals to undertake the responsibility. Then these individuals should accept the offer or not.

There is a severe dearth of qualified, able, and willing candidates. WIthout advertising that we're looking for people, we don't have a large enough pool. There are probably less than 10 people who are regularly and sincerely involved with the Oerth Journal, including myself, Fallon, and MTG.

New blood isn't always bad. I discovered the OJ with issue 6, was an assistant editor & contributing author in issue 7, and editor in issue 8.

THat might not be a good arguement, though. ;-)

Cheers
    Nell.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:32 am  

Tzelios wrote:
    First of all, I believe the OJ Editor In-Chief position/job description should be announced, together with other vacant OJ editorial positions.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:05 am  

He said to email him. That means we'd be quiet here.
    Wink
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:15 pm  

Tzelios wrote:
    Tzelios wrote:

The first (unquoted) part of your comment looked like you were against a public search, so I assumed you meant the -results- should be announced. My mistake.

Smile
    Nell.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:17 pm  

Samwise wrote:
    He said to email him. That means we'd be quiet here.
    Wink

What, you want me to READ posts? Pah.

I'd complain that he'd not telling me anything, but I'm not telling him anything either, so it all works out. It'd be nice if someone would get organized, though.

Cheers
    Nell.
    CF Admin

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:55 pm  

Well, I'm going to be moving from CA to KS in the fall, but until then I'll still be in CA working on a big project and with Heather and Ethan moving to KS ahead of me, I'll have a bit more time on my hands than usual. I won't have the time to be a full-time EiC, but I may be able to serve as a bridging EiC or Editor, or whatever, while we dig up a new person to fill the role.

Whether that's feasible depends in a large part on how much editing work we're talking about, and how many other helping hands are reliably available.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:48 pm  

Nell, I do not feel well, I did not sleep last night, I do not understand, forgive me.

I go sleep and will return stronger.
    Oerth Journal Staff

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:46 pm  

Hmmm... I posted both here and on Greytalk that the position was open. I'm looking for a person who has some new ideas and plans for the OJ. I've actually had 4 people express interest in the position, including TZ. I didn't ask Nell because I know that sometimes his free time is sometimes extremely limited. I'm hoping to have an announcement soon on what will be going on.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:20 am  

Fallon wrote:
    I'm looking for a person who has some new ideas and plans for the OJ. I've actually had 4 people express interest in the position, including TZ.

If I was EiC I would have launched an experimental issue on the track of the New Approach to Canon thread, assisted possibly by GVD, Scottenkainen, and others. Other submissions would be welcome.

In any case I would be happy to help in any way the editorial board.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:28 pm  

Fallon wrote:
    Hmmm... I posted both here and on Greytalk that the position was open.

Congratulations and best wishes to the new EiC Happy but just a note - posting to Greytalk and here might be usefully supplemented by posting in the main CF forum and at Wizards, both of which get much more readership. My fault entirely for not keeping up with the forums but I had no idea what was going on. A thought for next time.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: