ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Tzuggtmoy centerfold issue
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Tzuggtmoy centerfold issue
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:51 am  
    Tzuggtmoy centerfold issue

Canoneers,

Any of you fellers with the new Dragon in their possesion willing to describe the info about Tzuggtmoy found therein? Is she a big destructiuon machine, or is she a more subtle destruction machine. What are her thralls like. Any hawk? That kind of thing.

Sincerely,

FL

Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:06 pm  
    Re: Tzuggtmoy centerfold issue

1. Fairly subtle. She often masks her activities behind lies and guises and aspects.

2. They're infected with abyssal spores and fungal parasites. As they gain level, they become increasingly transformed into fungoid material, which gives them various special abilities.

3. Yes. The Temple of Elemental Evil, the Circle of Eight, and Iuz are all mentioned. Although, was it really supposed to be the Circle of Eight who bound Zuggtmoy beneath the Temple? I thought there were clerics and things involved.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:18 pm  

The Co8 didn't bind Zuggtmoy. One of its members, Serten, was at the Battle of Emridy Meadows, but died there. The Co8 was slacking as usual. Priests and mages, mainly from Furyondy and Veluna, bound the demoness and not the Co8. Now, the rumor may have spread that the Co8 bound Zuggtmoy, but it isn't true. Until now, apparently.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:10 am  

Cebrion wrote:
    The Co8 didn't bind Zuggtmoy. One of its members, Serten, was at the Battle of Emridy Meadows, but died there. The Co8 was slacking as usual. Priests and mages, mainly from Furyondy and Veluna, bound the demoness and not the Co8. Now, the rumor may have spread that the Co8 bound Zuggtmoy, but it isn't true. Until now, apparently.

I first spotted this "rumor" in the opening movie of the Temple of Elemental Evil PC game. A group of eight identically-garbed wizard-types is depicted doing the deed therein.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:58 am  

I think there have been some other earlier references to that idea. But the Co8 were definitely not the original folks who bound Tzuggtmoy. I seem to recall they weren't even organized until after the battle of Emridy Meadows.
    CF Admin

Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:46 pm  
    No Co8 Involved!

Cebrion wrote:
    The Co8 didn't bind Zuggtmoy.
    Does an issue of Dragon assert that those clowns from the Circle of Eight bound Zuggtmoy? Count me as one of those that stridently disagrees with that notion.

Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:48 pm  

The article says that "her arrival forced the hand of the Circle of Eight, a group of powerful wizards. After a terrific battle, Zuggtmoy and her armies were defeated..." There's nothing in the article that asserts that they were the ones that actually battled her. At least, not directly. You could make all kinds of assumptions as to James Jacobs' intent, but he never said straight out that they were the ones that imprisoned her.

Seeing as how the Co8 have their hands in nearly every important event in the Flanaess, it isn't too much of a stretch to assume their involvement in one way or the other.

As far as the original poster's question goes, the article provides the following:
    1. v3.5 stats for Zuggtmoy, a very detailed description of her, her avatar, and her goals ("Lord of the Scarlet Tides" from Dungeon #85 is mentioned re: an important NPC considered one of her heropriests).
    2. Her cult is detailed along with a new prestige class called Thrall to Zuggtmoy with references to feats in Book of Vile Darkness and a list of "fungus magic" from WotC source books.
    3. A section detailing Zuggtmoy's minions. It refers to demons and gives new stats for the Basidirond, Phycomid, and Vathugu,
    4. The last section details Zuggtmoy's abyssal realm and her palace there.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:41 am  

So, with that error on Zuggtmoy's history, can one quietly let that Dragon issue pass or is the article really worth reading? - I mean, we got plenty of pretty stuff on the ToEE in all variations already around here, and for free... Smile

Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:06 am  
    My blood runs cold My memory has just been sold My angel is

Cannoneers,

Thanks for the info!

Another question: Any ref to the repository of Iuz's soul object? That would clinch it for me!

FL

Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:39 pm  

Fairy lover, IIRC it's a gem :-)

Victor Caminha
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: