JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - The Tomorrow Tree
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    The Tomorrow Tree
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:06 am  
    The Tomorrow Tree

This article ended up being shorter than I expected when converting free hand writing to typing! This was based on a campaign idea I ran in and around Celene, focusing mainly on Yolande and Melf's growing 'cold war'. The Tomorrow Tree became an instigator of problems as Yolande's advisors began to believe this was a threat from the Knights of Luna. If anyone is curious or has any questions, please let me know!

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:35 am  

That is pretty cool, sort of like an anti-dryad, but with more depth.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:53 pm  

Interesting idea, and I would like to hear more about your campaign.
    "Fauna", by the way, means animals. If something is withering, you probably mean "flora" (plants).
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    CF Admin

Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:19 pm  

Interesting idea. http://www.canonfire.com/cf//modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=799.

It reminded me of the Demon Tree, Malgarius, recently introduced in a Dungeon adventure and referenced in Hordes of the Abyss and also made me wonder how / if you relate the Tomorrow Tree to Yolande's advisor, Onselven, who was presented as relatively benign in Gygax's novels but rather more sinister in the LGG.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:30 am  
    onselven

Unfortunatly I never had the chance to read the Gord novels (blasphemer I am). In my games Onselven has always been an instigator - someone mentioned on another thread D&D teaching us 'not to trust our trusted advisors'. He was heading up the elven 'Retreat' and the one of the Testers (sp?) He was VERY old and had vague childhood memories of the Isles of Woe.
    Onselven is one of the few who does suspect the Tomorrow Tree as being more that it seems. He had done extensive study on it and had discovered it's source. However, when it began to exhibit behavior unlike the Abyssal seeds it grew from (the acidic seepage into the soil, caused not by the tree but the 'flayer) he was discouraged. As it is, the Tree adds to the turmoil in Yolandes' life and Onselven is content to let it be. Anything to make the Perfect Flower of Celene more paranoid makes the 'trusted advisor' that much more of a shoulder to lean on.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:48 am  

thanks kirt!

That was part of a campaign involving the resolution of the mounting tensions between the Knights of Luna and Yolande. In short, a civil war broke that tension, with the PC's sqarely in the middle. Some were in favor of Melfs ideals, some the Queens. One of the first games I've run where PC's turned on each other for 'real' role playing reasons...
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: