JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Occupied Ulek: Part 1
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Occupied Ulek: Part 1
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:32 am  
    Occupied Ulek: Part 1

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=801&mode=thread&order=2&thold=0

This was a nice read. One of the things I hope you get into is the reported naval power of the Prince. It is so strange, it is begging to be address. Plus it is relevant to your series.

On a related note, I noticed that the current Dragon has an adventure set in the Dukey.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:06 am  

Thanks for the compliment. This is going to be a six part series. I originally started this quite some time back but various things in my life kept me from ever finishing it up back then. And if my job will quit being quite so time consuming (14-18 hr days WAAAAY to much lately) perhaps I'll get it all wrapped up soon.

Part 2: Shargaal - This details the region covered by the Death moon tribe. Give a greater overview of the various clans of the region, places of interest, npc's of note, clan tactics, etc plus a few magic items at the end. A fairly long work. (Already Submitted)

Part 3: The Blight - Details the southern region of Occupied Ulek and the blight the Yurtrus worshipping orcs are spreading. Again, has clans, npc's of note, etc. A new monster is included (Already Submitted)

Part 4: This details the far eastern portion of occupied Ulek. Heavy combat occurs here regularly and this is where the ocs send a number of lesser humanoids to die for them. (Finished but still being edited)

Part 5: Detailing the north eastern portion of occupied Ulek. Orcs worshipping Gruumsh make this region their home and are preparing for the further thrust northeast and into the Lortmils. (Finished but being edited)

Part Six: The Dwarves - This section will detail some of the resistance given by the Dwarves of Ulek as well as adventure ideas for Occupied Ulek. (Still a work in progress)

I'm actually kicking ideas around on the navy, just not sure I like what I got so far.

DD
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:00 am  

DangerDwarf wrote:
    I'm actually kicking ideas around on the navy, just not sure I like what I got so far.

DD

You might want to bounce your ideas off others.

The series looks very interesting. Maybe you can hook up with Anna, someone else or do your own map?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:58 am  

Yabusama was helping me out when I originally started this by working on a few maps. This series was initially geared towards making a large PDF file.

I've got copies of 3 rough drafts he did for me:

1. An area map of eastern Ulek.

2. A rough draft of Strandkeep

3. A Rough draft of an orcish settlement from where the Blight is originating.

The maps are beautiful, even unfinished. I hadn't seen him around Canonfire since I've come back though.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:13 pm  
    Pomarj and its environs

I can't wait for the rest of the series! The Pomarj is a great area to develop - a wild area where a DM can creat all sorts of weird humanoid encounters and have some old school monster thumping on a grand scale.

My take on the occupies territories of Ulek are more humanocentric - with the Slave Lords forcibly migrating their human troops to police this area and build up great plantations to feed their other armies. My article on the are is linked here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=360&mode=&order=0&thold=0

That being said, my version is not entirely incompatible with Danger Dwarf's. The lost territories of Ulek are fairly large and can conceivably have both agents of the Slave Lords and the orcish followers of Turrosh Mak vying for control over the same spots (although the creepy Blighted area would likely be ceded to the orcs). At any rate, my article describes much smaller sections of territory, so putting both versions together is likely plausible. I myself am going to use many of DD's ideas in my campaign in the region.

So great work and keep the articles coming!

O-D
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:24 am  

Part 2, http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=802&mode=thread&order=2&thold=0

ROCKS!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:34 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    Part 2, http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=802&mode=thread&order=2&thold=0

ROCKS!

And so does Part 3. I especially like the hints of future trouble in Pomarj-dise between the Despot and Nevrash. With Ungar thrown into the mix there is some VERY interesting potential.

Keep 'em coming.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:59 am  

Thanks muchly for the comments, I'm glad you are enjoying the articles. I'm still at work on the rest of the series.

The region gave my groups quite a bit of fun over the years.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:12 pm  

Actually, I think part 3 is the best so far. I am not usually into corrupted areas, but I think you hit just the right balance of a land heading in that direction.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:09 pm  

My original comments attached to part 2 got axed by the mods for being too complimentary. Shocked Actually it was becasue of these horrible spam posts that fish around, so the comments are down apparently(damn spammers!).

Part 2 is great, particularly how you related the clans to the larger tribes and went so far as to give some force background on each group as well as their herladry and some personalities. I look forward to the rest of the series.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: