Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Legends & Folklore - Naerid & Zelren on the Bridge
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Legends & Folklore - Naerid & Zelren on the Bridge
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:12 pm  
    Legends & Folklore - Naerid & Zelren on the Bridge

Since the comments are down, I understand we put comments on CF submissions here.

I really like this submission - Legends and Folklore of the Flanaess: Naerid & Zelren on the Bridge. http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=807

It is a nice development for a region that, IMO, lacks such. I especially like the manner in which it footnoted. Very interesting reading on its own merits but also footnoted so it is a research tool as well. Great job!

Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:32 pm  

Thanks for the comments Glenn. I have to give Wolfsire credit for inspiring me to do the footnoting. He did it in his On Plars: A Squire’s Tutorial article and I thought it worked very well there.

I had made up the Regent's War previously for MC's chronology and had been wanting to do something from a literary angle (inspired by your Liam Wilspare series!). Since I can't write a whole epic poem I came up with one section and built an article around it.[/url]
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:23 am  

I am glad you found my footnotes inspirational. I feel all tingly. Embarassed Smile I found you piece very enjoyable. I particularly liked FN2 and the way you reasoned into existance the regency war. I love suff like that, deduced apocrypha. Keep up the good work.
    CF Admin

Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:03 pm  

An excellent article, skillfully braiding canon, literature, and a good story together!

The piece also reminded me of an old GreyTalk article and discussion regarding the Sacred Bands of Hextor. I forget the original author but think Samwise would remember. (Was it Jason Farina?)

Also, the article reminded me of Gary Holian's piece on the Death Knights of Oerth, which was a really sweet moment in GH fandom, to see a GH article produced with such high publication standards (art, layout, etc.)

Glad to be amongst you!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:01 pm  

Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad you liked it.

I'd love to hear about the Sacred Bands of Hextor. My first GH campaign was more classical greco-roman/iron-age celtic/Thieve's World than late middle ages in style and I used Pholtan Sacred Banders from the Pale at one point.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: