Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Where is everyone?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- AD&D 1st Edition
    Where is everyone?
    Novice

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 am  
    Where is everyone?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's a list of geographical and political regions where all the demi-humans in Greyhawk can be found. There's a lot of lists for the humans (Oeridian, Suloise, et. al.) but not much for the other races.

Granted there's Celene for elves, Pomarj for humanoids - but is there a definitive list anywhere?

Appreciate the help,
    ta
    BobCarolgees
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:55 pm  

If you have the 1983 WoGH boxed set, I would look at the Glossography where population distributions are charted in exceptional detail. Gives one a fine overview of each region's inhabitants, human, demi-human, and humanoid alike.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:55 pm  

Ghul wrote:
    If you have the 1983 WoGH boxed set, I would look at the Glossography where population distributions are charted in exceptional detail. Gives one a fine overview of each region's inhabitants, human, demi-human, and humanoid alike.

You can either go through entry-by-entry and look at population totals, or IIRC, there is a table for use on character generation where you select race, roll, and it produces a nation or region for your character.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:24 am  

Kirt wrote:
    Ghul wrote:

You can either go through entry-by-entry and look at population totals, or IIRC, there is a table for use on character generation where you select race, roll, and it produces a nation or region for your character.

DMPrata did something for that:

http://knights-n-knaves.com/dmprata/Place%20of%20Birth.pdf

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:24 am  

Thanks people, your help's much appreciated

Looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and compile all those wandering monster tables in the glossography after all - no easy task for someone as bone idle as my good self!

The DMPrata download is an excellent starting point though - cheers for that Wolfsire!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:45 am  

BobCarolgees wrote:
    The DMPrata download is an excellent starting point though - cheers for that Wolfsire!

You are welcome. You are also freaking me out. Up until a couple of months ago, for a couple of years, I used your picture as my avatar. Laughing However, I always though it was off base, thinking that it looked more like a coyote than a Wolf (my son's name).

Ten kudo points to anyone who can figure out why my present avatar is off base.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:46 am  

Wolfsire wrote:
    Ten kudo points to anyone who can figure out why my present avatar is off base.

The jester doesn't notice the trapper about to envelope him?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:36 pm  

Nice guess, but no.

The picture is of Loki, who it seem invented a magical net. But that is a side issue. Loki was not the sire of a wolf. He was the MOTHER of the wolf Fenris! Laughing
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: